Under general supervision, to perform maintenance, repair, and equipment operation tasks, and to perform related duties as required. Also, to provide excellent customer service and adhere to the cities values.
The schedule for this position is Wednesday-Sunday from 1pm-9pm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and repairs city parking lots, structures, facilities, and properties. This includes the following:
Maintains and repairs parking structure automation systems including, fee computers, access gates, and access card readers.
Tests and maintains fire alarm systems and fire sprinkler systems.
Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots parking structure lighting, electrical, and elevator systems.
Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots parking structure dewatering pump systems.
Performs general janitorial tasks in keeping the parking facilities clean and safe.
2. Performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repair tasks. Performs minor construction work. Performs snow and ice removal as needed. May assist contractors or supervisors in major repair work.
3. Uses tools and equipment in the performance of maintenance and repair tasks including hand tools, power tools including core drillers, long?handled tools including rakes and shovels, applicators, snow?removal equipment, city vehicles, and related equipment.
4. Remains generally alert to conditions and events occurring in Parking Service Department buildings indicating anticipated or needed maintenance and repairs.
5. Works irregular hours beyond the normal 8-hour shift or works an adjusted schedule as required by the supervisor to meet the needs of the Division and the City.
Performs related duties as required to meet the needs of the city.
Takes proper safety precautions to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies and procedures. Reports all accidents and damage to city property.
Knows and complies with all city and department policies; participates in professional trainings and development; and adheres to attendance and workplace attire policies.
Generally, duties and responsibilities are listed from most to least critical or time consuming.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of one year of related experience. Ability to perform a wide range of technical, mechanical, physical and manual tasks in an outdoor environment. Sufficient manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate hand and power tools to perform minor carpentry and electrical tasks. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities that permits the employee to deal tactfully and effectively with the public in difficult situations. Willingness and ability to work irregular hours or an adjusted schedule as required by the supervisor to meet the needs of the department. Valid driver's license. Have and maintain acceptable background information including criminal conviction record and motor vehicle driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS - Required Physical and Mental Effort, and Environmental Conditions:
In addition to the information listed above.
Physical and Mental Effort: See "required minimum qualifications" section for additional information.
Work Environment: Works in both indoor and outdoor environments that are often times impacted by weather, usage, and at times unpredictable conditions.
Machines and equipment used include, but are not limited to the following: Frequently uses city vehicles, hand tools, power tools including core drillers, long-handled tools including rakes and shovels, applicators, snow removal equipment, and related equipment.
Boulder is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, just 35 miles northwest of Denver. Home of the University of Colorado's main campus and the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder sits 5,430 feet above sea level and is surrounded by a greenbelt of city trails and open spaces. Boulder is known for its natural beauty, outdoor recreation, natural product retailers and restaurants, outstanding transportation options, diverse businesses, and technological and academic resources.