JOB SUMMARY: Consults with customers to determine the most appropriate and effective solutions to address team, organization or role-specific performance improvement and/or engagement. Uses probing questions to determine root cause of issue or need for team building, organizational development, engagement or learning. Understands how to assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate workplace learning or engagement solutions independently.
Consults with customers to determine appropriate solutions for business need.
Conducts needs analysis to determine performance/engagement objectives.
Uses information obtained in analysis to create program or solution that meets the need of customer.
Implements solution or program based on appropriate design.
Reviews, evaluates and reports program or solution effectiveness.
May provide direction to other consultants or those in supportive roles within the department.
Focuses in one or more of the following areas: Learning Design, Learning Development, Learning Technology, Classroom and Virtual Facilitation, Learning Evaluation and Measurement, and/or Workforce and Cultural Engagement.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CONSULTING (ADVANCED):- The capability, normally based on a specific expertise, to influence others, manage the relationship and deliver results for a client in a professional manner.
TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS (ADVANCED):- A process of collecting information about a proposed learning program. A needs analysis addresses the following issues: restating the request, stating the business need, identifying the performance gap, conducting a task analysis, describing the learners, describing the learning environment, and identifying the project constraints.
ADULT LEARNING THEORY (ADVANCED):- Knowledge of the principles and practices of providing instruction to the adult learner. Able to focus adult learning goals and the ability to direct their own learning.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN (ADVANCED):- The systematic development of specifications using learning and instructional theory to ensure the quality of instruction.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.