JOB SUMMARY: Designs and develops effective and engaging learning and educational training materials with occasional guidance. Analyzes curricula to select the best methods to achieve desired performance and learning objectives. Utilizes rapid instructional design tools and processes as well as adult learning theory and experience. Provides technologically innovative and instructionally sound deliverables to ensure effective and engaging learning.
Designs effective and engaging in-class, electronic, mobile and virtual learning materials focused heavily on workforce development, workforce performance, credentialing and role-specific learning.
Selects from a variety of delivery methods and combinations of methods including instructor-led, virtual synchronous and asynchronous environments, mobile learning, video and audio learning, eLearning, job aids, and performance support materials.
Utilizes rapid instructional design tools and processes, adult learning theory and experience to understand learning and performance objectives and assessments.
Provides technologically innovative, engaging, and instructionally sound learning deliverables for customers while partnering with other team members to ensure the most effective and engaging learning.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- A process of collecting information about a proposed learning program. A needs analysis addresses the following issues: restating the request, stating the business need, identifying the performance gap, conducting a task analysis, describing the learners, describing the learning environment, and identifying the project constraints.
ADULT LEARNING THEORY (INTERMEDIATE):- Knowledge of the principles and practices of providing instruction to the adult learner. Able to focus adult learning goals and the ability to direct their own learning.
GRAPHIC DESIGN (INTERMEDIATE):- The process of visual communication, and problem-solving through the correct use of typography, space, image and color. The art or skill of combining a wide variety of mediums to produce an artistic product.
EDUCATIONAL MULTIMEDIA (INTERMEDIATE):- Multimedia is more than one concurrent presentation medium for example, on CD-ROM or a Web site. Multimedia is typically used to mean the combination of text, sound, and/or motion video.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN - (INTERMEDIATE):- The practice of maximizing the effectiveness, efficiency and appeal of instruction and other learning experiences consisting broadly of determining the current state and needs of the learner, defining the end goal of instruction, and creating some intervention to assist in the transition.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.