Support Virtual Desktop capability with conceptual, creative, and criticalthinking to ensure nearly 15,000 virtual Desktops are effectivelysupported. These Virtual Desktop Interfaces (VDI) include desktopperipherals (printers, scanners, bar code readers), all are critical to the enduser to work efficiently. The IT Consultant in the virtual home departmentsupports team action plans which directly supports overall front line leaderobjectives and goals. Responsible forcontributing to action plans under occasional guidance. Conducts internal andexternal analysis. Translates information and identifies trends with actionableitems. Provides information on IT issues to support planning of strategic,tactical and operational initiatives. Implements small development projects orcomponents of large projects. Ability to solve medium to complex problems.
KEYRESPONSIBILITIES:The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position andadditional duties may be assigned.
o Conducts analysison IT issues.
o Provides trendanalysis with actionable items.
o Supports strategicplans.
o Will participateas a team member on VUMC projects representing the Virtual Desktop homedepartment.
o Actively supportsInformation Technology Service Management (ITSM) tickets (break/fix) requestsfor the virtual desktops.
MANAGING CHANGE (INTERMEDIATE):- Capable of successfully deliveringproducts and services without loss of productivity while accepting significantchanges in environment, work load and re-structuring. Sets the example,provides leadership, coaches peers and team members, and generally raises thelevel of performance of others during reorganizations and other changes whichcan have the potential to disrupt productivity and cause the degeneration ofmorale. Handles ambiguity and uncertainty with self-confidence and maturity.Has successfully prepared and implemented a plan for changes in behavior andcompetency for self and others, demonstrating a determination for personal andprofessional advancement.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to anticipateresource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies,schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of directresponsibility. Achieves results within budget. Identifies relevantstakeholders and gains their commitment. Competently handles multipleassignments simultaneously. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, ifneeded. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurableunits. Accepts changes to assignments with minimal disruption and loss ofproductivity. Uses available time efficiently.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE):- Has provided continuous analysis andevaluation of assignment work processes, constantly striving for improvement inthe way tasks and activities are accomplished by questioning their value to theprocess and contributing creative solutions. Has participated in the process ofestablishing, communicating and monitoring standards for quality andexcellence. Demonstrates the ability to actually work on and improve a currentbusiness process, product or service.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Sets priorities and balances project andassignment workload effectively and efficiently. Staffed a project teamcomposed of people whose abilities are established. Demonstratesresourcefulness and creativity in accomplishing objectives with limitedresources, budgets and/or time. Has developed needed skills on the project teamwhen no other resources where available. Proficient in use of staffing toolsand procedures such as job posting, career development, etc.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.