This is a full-time position with VUMC and offers challenge, career growth and a comprehensive benefits package. The successful candidate will have responsibility to Install, repair, and maintain communications components including Netbotz, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), workstations, and associated peripheral equipment. The role requires both dexterity and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs in occasional limited space.
Maintains supporting documentation with regular guidance. Trains and assists customers with proper operation of end user devices. Assists other staff and provides technical knowledge to ensure the successful completion of projects.
Installs voice, data, video network components.
Maintains and repairs routine voice, data, video network problems.
Appropriately documents all applicable events.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CABLE AND WIRING PRACTICES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has received training and/or has a solid understanding of the Cable and Wiring Practices required. Adheres to the established best practices, standards, procedures, guidelines and methodologies within the work area.
VOICE AND DATA MOVES (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of the skill in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering products and services using the skill without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Demonstrates the ability to identify, locate, isolate, and resolve or repair simple problems relating to products, processes, computers, software communications devices, systems, cables and other equipment within scope of specialty. Able to make use of the basic capabilities of elementary diagnostic tools and analyzers in search of problems. Applies common sense and good judgment in dealing with problems. Responds in a positive, constructive manner to issues, problems, questions and concerns.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.