JOB SUMMARY: Plans, develops and executes ongoing program(s) that impacts a significant segment of the organization under occasional guidance.
Plans/develops programs to facilitate recruitment and education within the HIV Vaccine Program. While the number of studies active during our multi-year grant varies, this position would typically encompass coordination of 4-8 studies at any given time point.
This involves intake of inquiries into our program, coordination of appointments, conducting education sessions with potential participants, and completing appropriate paperwork relevant to all of these activities. This position will assume these responsibilities for our entire program.
Develops marketing proposals for HIV vaccine studies
Creation of marketing materials (advertisements, brochures, etc.) for our program; coordinating placement and evaluating outcomes of marketing efforts. They will assume these responsibilities for our entire program.
Leads execution of events/programs
Networking with community-based organizations to sponsor events or attend events for the purpose of education/recruitment for HIV Vaccine studies. Developing and coordinating events independently as part of community outreach. (AIDS Walk, World AIDS Day, HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, etc.). will now assume these responsibilities for our entire program.
Provides budgetary management to events/programs
Managing budgets related to Key Functions 1, 2, 3, and 5.
Coordinates/facilitates Community Advisory Board activities for program.
Interacting regularly with CAB members, enlisting guest speakers, creating and distributing agendas, coordinating food provisions for meetings, and disseminating meeting minutes. He will also be the contact person for CAB-related activities, such as coordination of travel for CAB members.
Reports to appropriate entities regarding program activities.
The HIV Vaccine Trials Network (Community Education/Recruitment division) requires quarterly and annual reports of our program efforts. Additionally, They will contribute to Annual Progress Reports required by the National Institutes of Health. He/she will also be responsible for providing data and section-writing for our multi-year NIH grant at renewal time. Each of these reports requires data collection, data analysis, and summary reporting. Must be proficient at writing each of these submissions independently with only minor editing and sign-off status required by his supervisor. Lastly, local staff (supervisor, Principal Investigator) require less formal reporting on a regular basis â typically at weekly staff meetings and other times as needed.
They will also have supervisory responsibilities.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (INTERMEDIATE):- Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
NETWORKING (INTERMEDIATE):- Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.