JOB SUMMARY: Manages testing of systems and associated activities at the design stage through implementation independently. Defines and implements automation standards and processes. Implements large projects and may lead teams. Coaches development of other staff.
Assure quality of testing and test reports.
Plans assurance testing efforts defining testing strategies on projects or programs.
Responsible for execution of test activities including Non Functional Requirements Validation, UAT, Usability, Integration, Regression.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE (INTERMEDIATE):- Knows all deliverables of the phase. Strong understanding of how the phase fits into the overall development lifecycle. Develops workplans for the phase with limited review. Identifies unexpected problems and resolves with limited assistance.
TESTING TOOLS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the effective use of testing tools in complex applications. Experienced in all core features of the tools. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of advanced concepts. Uses tools consistently in delivering applications.
TEST PLANNING (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Test Planning in practical applications of a difficult nature. Assures completeness in test plans making sure that areas of the testing subject [programs, modules, systems] are not overlooked, as well as classes or errors like user interface, calculation, control flow, data interpretation, and hardware. Identifies subtle flaws in test plans and takes action to remedy and report the errors. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering Test Planning products and services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
TESTING AUTOMATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Testing Automation. Knowledgeable of data- and keyword-driven automation frameworks. Demonstrates knowledge of the advanced functions of the Testing Automation tools of the company. Has automated complex compatibility, interoperability, and performance tests. Helps develop test suites for use by other testers.
TEST CASE PREPARATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Test Case Preparation and Design in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully preparing and designing test cases without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of o...ur leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.