INGENIA Talent is advising CDR Maguire on the search & selection of Lead Traffic Engineer, based in Boston, MA
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Did you know that CDR Maguire (www.cdrmaguire.com) is a full-service engineering and design national firm winner of two Presidential Design Awards? Did you know that CDR Maguire was the lead consultant and program manager for the nationally-recognized, award-winning I-195 IWAY Bridge relocation project in Rhode Island? This is a powerhouse team with a great track record of successfully delivering design-build infrastructure projects.
Consider joining us as a Lead Traffic Engineer. We are looking for somebody like you, with solid engineering experience to secure a successful IWAY Relocation on I-195 project implementation and the appetite to grow a traffic engineering practice in Massachusetts, developing your own team. You will join a company that offers the “best of both worlds”… challenging work in a very efficient environment, without the hassle of large organizations but with the financial and operational support from a well-established engineering group. CDR Maguire has…
… a myriad of talented individuals with diverse backgrounds, with imagination and specialized knowledge, directly responsible for our success
… a steady client base and continued growth
… a strong reputation in the market for building permanent relationships by providing superior value.
This is a just a sample of our most recent transportation projects:
- PennDOT - District 4.0 Design-Build Emergency Flood Project SR 0170 & SR 0247 (Wayne County, PA)
- MassDOT – Bridge Replacement Route 9 over Sudbury River (Framingham, MA)
- MassDOT – Cedar St over Route 9 Bridge Replacement (Wellesley, MA)
- Port Authority of New York & new Jersey - La Guardia redevelopment program
- City of Pittsburg - Bates St / 2PndP Ave, Eliza Furnace Trail Bridge (Pittsburgh, PA)
WHAT YOU WILL DOING
Based in Milton, MA and reporting to the Regional Transportation Manager, as a Lead Traffic Engineer you will lead and perform a full range of professional transportation engineering assignments in a full-functioning capacity; you and your team will be responsible for designing and managing municipal and state traffic engineering projects for streets/highways/freeways. You will perform traffic analysis, studies and preliminary engineering, transportation planning, and develop final design plans for traffic signals, ITS, lighting, signing, pavement marking, traffic control and construction sequencing. Going more granular, you will focus on key results areas:
- Lead engineer role in a variety of transportation corridor planning and traffic related projects.
- Prepare traffic engineering reports and analysis
- Prepare technical proposals, conduct business development activities and contribute to growing our business.
- Establish and maintain client relationships with new and existing client base
- Traffic signal design
- Signing and pavement markings design
- Construction staging and work zone traffic control
- Work with a multi-disciplined team and provide traffic inputs for environmental and roadway design studies
- Supervise and manage staff in the preparation of engineering studies, analyses, design plans, and reports.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of progressive traffic/ITS planning and/or design experience
- At least 3+ years in Massachusetts, including projects for MassDOT
- Proposal writing/preparation
- Meeting scope, schedules and budgets on major transportation projects
- Experience in the industry of Intelligence Transportation Systems (ITS)
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Massachusetts P.E. license
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (P.T.O.E.) certification
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (MBA, Transportation, Structural Engineering, etc)
- Affiliated to ITE (Institute of Transportation Engineers)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with capacity to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to peers, senior staff and clients.
INGENIA Talent Solutions is a Boston-based retained search firm, with permanent presence in Houston and Miami focused on the selection of middle-managers and qualified professionals. Our ultimate purpose is to help building healthy and sustainable organizations; we dedicate our efforts to attract and select the required talent in a fresh way, adapted to the reality of modern work dynamics. We collaborate with Human Resources & Business Line managers so that they can invest more time on people´s development, engagement, satisfaction and productivity. INGENIA | Talent Solutions operates under the attractiveness of a start-up business model with an entrepreneurship, innovative and challenging mindset.
INGENIA is part of Seeliger & Conde, a leading firm dedicated to the search and development of management talent with an international vision and strategy and more than 20 years of experience, with 12 offices in 8 countries. Seeliger & Conde US is headquartered in Miami, with offices in Houston & Puerto Rico