Essential Job Functions: The Architect Iis responsible for managing all in house construction and renovation projectsat the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. This positon will performduties to include but not limited to: designing space arrangements, estimatingconstruction costs, developing construction drawings and specifications,consulting with off-campus consulting engineering firms, designing interiorspace, and inspecting construction work on the University's campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Architectural design, Space planning and coordinating with managers and/or requestors
2. Estimates construction costs, developing construction drawings andspecifications.
3. Consults and coordinates project requirements with off-campus consulting engineering firms.
4. Inspects ongoing in house construction work on the University's campus
5. Designs interior space with furnishing and finishes.
6. Construction contract administration.
7. Other duties as necessary
Internal Number: 144926
The mission of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is to bring the benefits of the health sciences to the achievement and maintenance of human health, with a focus on the citizens of Tennessee and the region, by pursuing an integrated program of education, research, clinical care, and public service.