Work closely with key internal business partners to understand business needs, and recommend a range of data analytics to unlock and inform the development of consumer-centric solutions for the business.
Leverage data from multiple sources and mining large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights for business decision making to drive action. Query data and use advanced statistical techniques to answer moderate to high complexity business questions, turning some analyses into standardized reports with automation mechanism to achieve efficiency. .
Pursue new techniques, practices, and analyses to continually evolve the advanced analytics function, establishing it as a premier capability within the company.
Translate quantitative analyses and findings into easily understandable visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data
Present findings/ key learnings and recommendations to key business partners, and senior leaders on how to best leverage learnings in decision-making. Drive action from these learnings through work sessions and sharing learning on analytics, current shoppers, data, and trends. Dynamically communicate through in-person communication skills, and ability to develop concise, visual, and compelling written presentations.
· MBA or advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics preferred
· Minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on, relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, advanced analytics or comparable analytics positions handling large, complex data sets.
· Strong written and verbal communication and data presentations skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Conduct statistical analyses on data using statistical software – SAS, Alteryx, SPSS, R, Sequel.
· Ability to solve complex problems quantitatively and develop clear, data-driven business recommendations
· Experience working with cross-functional teams to drive business results
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions.
· Retailer advanced analytics experience a STRONG plus
· Advanced Analytics positions held within Consulting companies, Consumer data management companies, and/or Grocery retailers a STRONG plus
· Travel up to 20%
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 11725
About Stop & Shop
Stop & Shop has been around for more than 100 years. We started small, as a corner grocery store back in 1914. And we’ve grown…a lot. We have more than 60,000 Associates in 400+ stores throughout New York, New England and New Jersey. Through that change, our values have stayed the same. At Stop & Shop, we’ve made a commitment to making our stores better every day for our Associates, customers and the community. It’s our secret recipe for success. It guides everything we do from the products that stock our shelves to the way we manage our stores! It helps us put the customer first, do what’s right, win together and make ideas happen.