Construction Manager-1803760 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Construction Manager (1803760)
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to manage or support the construction (< $15 Million) size projects at BASF sites in North America. You will provide front-end input to project managers to develop construction strategies and schedules, as well as provide the interface between the BASF project team and the construction contractors. As a Construction Manager your primary responsibilities will include management of the construction contractors with regard to safety, quality, schedule and cost. In addition, your experience will enable you to do the following:
· Provide constructability analysis in the early phases of project development.
· Construction expertise within BASF and providing oversight and guidance to Construction Contractors.
· Prepares and approves a Construction Plan and its implementation plus ensuring Lessons Learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project including Project Close-out.
· Support Regional and Global Initiatives and work processes related to construction activities.
· Manage and oversee the day-to-day construction management, commissioning and start-up support of projects.
· Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/work instructions.
· Lead safety culture and implement Construction EHS Plan for projects
· Supports Project Team in the review and authorization of field changes.
· Verifies and approves time sheets and invoices to validate accuracy with respect to work performance and/or equipment delivered, and recommends approval for payment.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Responsible for working autonomously a large percent of the time. Interaction with this person's direct supervisor will be primarily to communicate the status of activities and goals and to gain concurrence. Interaction with the supervisor for approval of work activities will be per department guidelines and procedures.
· Responsible for dealing with technical issues related to construction management on a regular basis. An in-depth knowledge of industrial construction management is required. Candidate must also have a good understanding of the economic issues related to large capital project execution.
· This position must have cross discipline mechanical, civil, instrumentation, and electrical, knowledge; with a core expertise in at least one of these areas.
· Bachelors of Science degree in mechanical, civil, electrical, chemical engineering or construction management, and at least 3 years related construction experience
· Must have strong communication and leadership skills
· Fosters the integration of a diversity of perspectives across the organization resulting in development of high performing teams and output.
· Ability to travel for extended periods as and when required.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Other Locations: US-AL-McIntosh, US-TX-Houston, US-TX-Port Arthur, US-TX-Freeport
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN/E-Large Capital Projects & Turnaround Mana-63021367
Internal Number: 516858
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.