This is a full-time position with Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) in beautiful Nashville, TN. This role is part of our Epic Database Administration team and will be responsible for both Epic specific DBA actions as well as occasional SQL Server database management.
For immediate consideration, your background should include Epic Clarity certification (ETL) or Epic Caboodle Administrator certification (desirable) or SQL DBA experience.
Support and monitor Clarity Databases; manage tables, assist report writing, user requests.
Support Caboodle Databases: monitor work queues, ensure data integrity.
Support Epic Business Objects Epic Crystal Integration
Assist Epic Cogito Upgrades
Resolve Trouble Tickets - monitor support calls from Epic Cogito users.
DATABASE SECURITY (NOVICE):- Has performed security assessments to secure a database environment. Is knowledgeable of security tools, security policies, and copyright law as it relates to the database and the information on it. Able to perform basic database administration on a given product.
DATABASE PERFORMANCE TUNING (NOVICE):- Possesses fundamental proficiency to successfully produce reports and graphs from performance metrics. Can use the facilities available to gather performance data and produce basic reports. Familiar with actions such as redo log buffer latches, database buffer cache size, shared pool size and tuning scripts. Knowledgeable of at least two database systems.
DATABASE BACKUP AND RECOVERY (NOVICE):- Has experience backing up routine files and applications used by the organization. Assures that computer-based work is backed up and the recovery process's tested on a regular basis. Has experience with basic backup tools such as Informix's OnTape, Sybase's Dump, or Oracle's Enterprise Backup Utility, as well as other organizational tools.
PHYSICAL DATABASE MODELING (NOVICE):- Has prepared a simple physical database design or has worked as part of a team designing a more complex physical database. Has defined constraints, including primary keys, foreign keys, other unique keys, and check constraints. Has created views from database tables to summarize data or to provide the user with another perspective of certain data. Has defined simple indexes and snapshots. Has worked with simple server model diagrams that show tables, columns, and relationships within a database, user feedback documentation, and database design documentation.
SERVER INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE (NOVICE):- Has the ability to install software on a specific platform. Demonstrates an ability to resolve problems that may occur during the installation of software. Is capable of understanding the design and purpose of the software being installed.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.