I am looking for a disciplined, creative designer to join my small studio in San Francisco, CA. Current work includes interior renovations in hospitality, residential, and commercial projects.
This position would be perfect for a young designer who wants to learn the entire process of building a project, from schematic design through construction administration, on fast-paced interior projects. In addition to an emphasis on rigorous design and drawing, the position will include exposure to critical parts of the profession: programming, client presentations, coordinating with engineers and other consultants, permitting, specifying materials and products, bidding and awarding projects, value engineering, and designing to a budget and schedule.
The ideal candidate has some familiarity with interior architecture drawings and details, but I would be happy to train someone with less experience who is ambitious and excited to develop the required skills.
The position has some flexibility with hours and location but the average work week would be 20 hours/week, with optional remote work and a few meetings in San Francisco.
- Develop Rhino 3D models for use in schematic design
- Design iterations through hand sketching, 3D modeling, and CAD diagrams
- Preparing presentation materials
- Assist in specifying materials, products, and hardware
- Assist in construction documentation
- Assist in reviewing submittals and answering RFIs
- Attend site meetings as necessary
- Assist in developing materials for branding and website
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
- Work to begin in September 2018 - January 2019, with the possibility for future extension
- 20-40 hours per week
- Competitive hourly rate
Interested candidates should email a resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND SOFTWARE
- Strong design sensibility and appetite for creative problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assigned tasks within a given timeframe
- Works well in a collaborative environment
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- MS Office
Telecommuting is allowed.
About NICOLE HUANG DESIGN
Nicole Huang is a San Francisco-based designer working in interior architecture and small-scale developments.
Nicole started her career in New York, where her love for the city led her to architecture. Nicole’s work is focused on architectural interventions within existing buildings, drawing from historical contexts and materials to create bespoke environments that speak to her clients' big dreams and daily needs.
Nicole has over 10 years of professional experience working in New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Previously at the New York firm Hollwich Kushner, Nicole has designed and managed retail, corporate interior, and cultural projects for clients such as Steven Alan, Calvin Klein, MTV, and MoMA PS1. Nicole also has a long relationship with Columbia University GSAPP teaching, researching, and designing publications and exhibitions.
Ongoing work includes hospitality, residential, and commercial projects in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Nicole holds a Master in Architecture from the Harvard University Graduate School of Design. Nicole can be reached at email@example.com.