At The Energy Cooperative, we take pride in offering competitive benefits and want our employees to have what they need to be their best.
Here's a glimpse of the programs we offer our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Programs for Employee, Spouse and Children
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of First Class Lineman. This is a full-time, non-exempt, highly technical position responsible for performing diversified work of erection and repair of distribution and transmission lines of varying classes and voltages, including substations, energized lines, and on structures and equipment involved in the distribution and transmission of electricity.
Nature and Scope of Position (Essential Duties and Responsibilities):
- Support and incorporate the Cooperative's Mission, Vision and Values in professional behavior and decisions.
- Comply with all Cooperative policies, procedures, goals and objectives and meet attendance and punctuality guidelines.
- Understand, observe and enforce cooperative safety and security procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions to department supervisor and/or safety department personnel.
- Install, retire and maintain overhead and underground lines of varying types, both energized and de-energized. Train for, maintain and operate equipment and tooling for line construction and maintenance.
- Operate distribution and transmission system devices. Locate and repair faulted underground cables, both primary and secondary.
- Patrol and maintain overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission system lines.
- Work with warehouse personnel to ensure warehouse and pole yard are efficiently organized and maintained. Assists to ensure building and ground maintenance of the electric service center is completed. Assist Cooperative personnel to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Install, maintenance and retire street lights and related equipment.
- Complete scheduled tool and truck inspections. Complete scheduled exchanges of rubber gloves, sleeves and cover-up materials.
- Perform scheduled on-call duty assignments including working after regular working hours and on Saturdays, Sundays, and company-observed holidays. Respond quickly to all outage calls and emergency situations. Respond to un-scheduled outage work as assigned or as called in to work as the need develops.
- Maintain a positive internal relationship with all levels of Cooperative personnel including upper management. Maintain a positive and helpful external relationship with members, developers, contractors and the general public in reference to maintenance and construction of the electrical system.
- Perform other related work in addition to other duties as may be assigned
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma. Two-year college degree or equivalent experience is preferred. A minimum of four years as an Apprentice Lineman required or successful completion of an approved Lineman Training Program which includes field training, working knowledge of safety standards and operating procedures, and practical theory in all phases of power line installation and maintenance. Must be proficient and maintain the capability to perform pole top and bucket rescue techniques. Possess operable computer skills and a willingness to learn new skills as to utilize various software programs, applications and technology devices for work related functions.
- Certificates, Licenses and/or Training: Must possess and maintain a valid state of Ohio Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and good driving record. Must maintain a current first-aid and CPR training card. Ability to attend meetings and/or training seminars when requested.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, interpret, learn and communicate documents such as safety rules, switching orders, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must possess excellent hazard recognition skills concerning energized and de-energized line construction and maintenance, falls, falling objects and traffic. Must be familiar with the use of protective fire-resistant clothing and other safety and personnel protection equipment. Adaptability to accept responsibility for the direction, control, or planning of an activity. Adaptability to performing under stress, when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations; or in situations in which working speed or sustained attention are critical aspects of the job.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, an Employee would regularly walk, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, climb, stoop, lift, use hand tools, operate other tools and power equipment and drive a Company truck. Successful performance requires ability to climb poles, work in elevated locations, maintain sufficient strength to lift heavy objects, and the ability to successfully work in adverse weather conditions.
- This position is subject to pre-employment physical and substance abuse testing and may be subject to random testing in accordance with the Cooperative's substance abuse policy.