Medical Technologist Coor/Line Supervisor - Cellular Therapy (Sign On Bonus)
Medical University of South Carolina (MUHA)
September 27, 2018
Charleston, South Carolina
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
Entity/Organization: MUHA (Medical University Hospital Authority/Medical Center)
Hours per week: 40
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift: Day Shift 8-4:30
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Hourly
1. Responsible for leadership and workflow oversight in the Cellular Therapy Processing Laboratory. Will integrate technical knowledge and clinical relevance into daily activities. Responsible for complex problem solving of technical, computer, interdepartmental and quality issues.
2. Focuses on quality by reviewing records and assuring performance of all quality control and assurance procedures. Ensures that quality control and instrumentation maintenance records are kept and documentation meets standards of accrediting and licensing agencies. Assists the Manager, Medical Director, and Technical Specialist, in the implementation of new QC/QA polices. Monitors and ensures compliance with accrediting agency and regulatory requirements for the laboratory. Actively participates in preparation for on-site accrediting process.
3. Participates in improving the financial performance of the department to decrease costs, increase productivity, and improve service. Monitors inventory and brings related issues forward for prompt resolution.
4. Assists with basic personnel oversight including selection, training, developing, and coaching under the direction of the Manager. Assists in new employee orientation, training and competency. Provides input for competency and annual assessments for employees in appropriate time frames. Actively involved in implementing and ensuring staff completion of competency program requirements. Self-directed to seek out opportunities to contribute to projects to help the department. Actively works at improving staff retention by promoting an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration. Responsible for oversight of staff scheduling and monitoring attendance.
5. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. Demonstrates preceptor and coaching skills and promotes a constructive environment that encourages learning and development. Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written skills.
Minimum Training and Education: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, or related scientific discipline and five years work experience as a Medical Technologist. Certification by ASCP as a Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB).
Preferred two (2) years’ experience in a leadership capacity. Five years of Cellular Therapy Laboratory Processing experience preferred.
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCPBOC) required.
Additional Salary Information: Relocation Assistance & Sign on Bonus Available
Internal Number: A508163
About Medical University of South Carolina (MUHA)
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise, operates a 750-bed medical center, which includes a nationally recognized Children’s Hospital, the Ashley River Tower (cardiovascular, digestive disease, and surgical oncology), Hollings Cancer Center (one of fewer than 70 elite National Cancer Institute designated centers), a Level I Trauma Center and the Institute of Psychiatry. In addition, there are more than 100 outreach clinics, hospital/health system affiliations and telehealth sites.