1. In conjunction with the Line Superintendent and Manager of Engineering, coordinates all communications between Engineering and Operations personnel and office personnel.
2. Communications to include service orders, outage tickets and line switching instructions.
1. Manages reliable, primary point-of-communication for all Engineering and Operations personnel.
a. Manage real-time location of engineering and operations personnel using an Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) system.
b. Coordinates Mayday procedures and information between field personnel and Emergency Response Services.
c. Coordinates with meter shop personnel to maintain and improve the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system.
d. In conjunction with meter shop personnel: Put AMI meters, cross-band repeaters and shark-fins in and out of service as needed.
e. Coordinates with Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist and System Engineer to maintain system model.
f. Directs outage reports and dispatches to the appropriate engineering and operations personnel.
g. Dispatches service orders to Engineering and Operations personnel. h. Coordinates with Administrative Assistant to Engineering & Operations on cable locates, their distribution and positive response.
i. Dispatches Emergency Cable Locates to the appropriate field personnel.
j. Data entry into Customer Information System (CIS) as needed.
k. Coordinates with Line Superintendent and/or System Engineer for distribution power line switching operations.
l. Coordinates with Tri-State Generation & Transmission, Line Superintendent, System Engineer and Substation Manager for transmission power line switching operations.
m. Coordinates with engineering and operations to utilize outage management system for improved system reliability.
n. Acts as primary point-of-communications for all field work contractors.
o. Coordinates with Security & Response Services (SRS) for after-hours communications and crew locations.
2. Manages the Work Processes Associated with Essential Job Functions
a. Coordinates with Tech Services to maintain best possible radio communications and vehicle location services.
b. Manages and maintains Outage Management System (OMS). Create, update, merge and print outage tickets as needed for quality outage reporting.
c. Monitor AMI and OMS for quality of connectivity model.
d. Coordinates with AMI provider and National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) to maintain OMS reliability.
e. Acts as the Association Administrator to Utility Notification Center of Colorado (UNCC) for the cable locate system. f. Approves invoices for UNCC and SRS.
g. Reports all damaged facilities to the Common Ground Alliance (CGA) using the Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT).
h. Manages all service order scheduling for Engineering and Operations personnel. i. Create and dispatch switching orders as needed.
j. Manage and dispatch all outages during normal working hours. k. Manages line switching records after completion of work.
l. Responsible for reports and other data in support of the essential functions.
m. Create monthly outage report for board reports. n. Authorized to approve timesheets for Engineering and Operations personnel.
3. Acts as a management member of and supports duties of the Engineering and Operations Department.
a. Works to foster excellent team and member relations. Attends and participates in department and company meetings regularly.
b. Performs all duties and responsibilities under applicable safety, health, environmental and other regulatory policies and procedures.
c. Provides status of crews to after-hours dispatch center prior to end-of-day.
4. Monitors all on and off site cameras for security and personnel purposes.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred: 2 years’ experience in electric power industry and familiarity of line operations.
Preferred: Previous dispatch experience.
1. Ability to understand and interpret oral and written instruction.
2. Must demonstrate acceptable telephone and radio voice projection with clear enunciation.
3. Working knowledge of utility systems, construction, operations and maintenance is preferred.
4. Ability to maintain calm demeanor during busy times.
5. Should possess in-depth conceptual and working knowledge of consumer-owned utility.