This is a full-time role with Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) and will provided senior level business analysis for enterprise projects.
JOB SUMMARY: Understands business needs and defines technology and services requirements to maximize value independently. Uses analysis techniques to lead change activities. Implements large projects, functions as lead on projects and may lead teams. Coaches development of other staff.
Provides leadership, expertise and guidance on strategic business change projects.
Provides business analysis on projects including engagement and stakeholder management.
Leads business change and defines business requirements and processes on projects.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates the ability to grasp and apply advanced business analysis concepts to solving problems of a difficult nature. Analyzes objectives, processes and resources, and suggests ways by which re-design [BPR] or improvements [BPI] could be made. Designs screens and reports for advanced business systems. Capable of identifying and verifying themes and patterns imbedded within quantitative data, in a set of user requirements, and/or in a problem situation, then drawing conclusions through rational judgment, and recommending solutions and approaches. Demonstrates a variety of effective techniques for collecting requirements from stakeholders in a project.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates the ability to apply multiple areas of business knowledge to successfully meet broad work objectives. Knowledgeable of the major business units of the company which relate to work responsibilities. Understands and monitors appropriate key business indicators as well as the competition. Able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions in an easily understood manner. Able to interpret and draw conclusions from business data. Demonstrates an understanding of overall business perspectives.
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Business Requirements Definition in practical applications of a difficult nature. Able to identify potential problems through advanced analysis techniques and develop appropriate test cases to assure effective testing of the application. Can identify processing flaws in the business requirements from quality assurance and applications testing standpoints. Understands the general business purpose of the requirements and its role in the architecture of the organization. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering and analyzing Business Requirements Definitions without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while conducting Business Requirements Definitions.
FEASIBILITY/COST/BENEFITS ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- Has written a substantial portion of a study for a large system. Has planned and led analysis steps. Has thorough knowledge and a good understanding of the company cost/benefit analysis standards and methodology.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.