About the Position: Serves as a civil engineer with responsibility for developing cost estimates and construction schedules for small, medium large and complex projects such as locks, dams, buildings, powerhouses, recreation facilities, channel improvement, levees, and local flood protection projects.
• Develops detailed cost estimates from construction contractors viewpoint requiring a careful analysis and comprehensive evaluation of numerous factors under differing and complicating circumstances.
• Participate as a member of multi-discipline teams and is responsible for all cost estimates throughout the length a project.
• Prepares initial estimates for use in developing conceptual proposals, planning alternatives, preliminary designs, additive bid items, modifications, claims, negotiations, awards, terminations, etc.
• Prepares or coordinates preparation of construction contract networks or schedules.
• Makes field trips for site investigations and project studies, recommends cost effective changes to features of work.
• Perform technical cost analysis and evaluations of contractors proposals.
About the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE or "The Corps") is one of the best in America! In 2015, USACE ranked #128 out of 500 employers on Forbes' "America's Best Employers" list. From this list, the Corps ranked #10 in the government services industry, #6 in the federal government, and #8 in the engineering field. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide.