The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to oversee and direct all water transfer activities of a particular Operator or Account, ensuring that the operations are running smoothly, set up per Keystone standard and customer requirements that also meet company, regulatory and budgetary requirements in an efficient manner. Maintaining proper communications with customer at all times.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, or other employees.
1. Graduated from a standard high school or GED or have equivalent experience.
2. A minimum of 2 years of water transfer experience.
3. Minimum of 1 year experience as a certified fusion technician
1. 3 years experience in industry across other disciplines
2. Some engineering training, courses, AA degree, or BS degree.
1. Good understanding and working knowledge of water transfer
operations and equipment.
2. Superior mechanical and construction trade skills, particularly with respect to pumps, pipelines, flow and pressure of water, valves, fittings and system controls.
3. Ability to set-up and run all aspects of water transfer and management for a Frac.
4. Possess good and effective oral and written communication skills with individuals at all levels, including customer representatives.
5. Possess ability to effectively manage projects, supervise, train and develop employees.
6. Ability to write legibly and intelligently, with basic math,
spreadsheet, email and word processing skills using a mobile device (e.g., smartphone, laptop, I-Pad or the like).
- Ability to prepare and submit accurate and complete daily and weekly administrative reports/documents (field tickets, equipment reports, time sheets, and related compilations)
- Ability to read and follow directions provided by Directors and customer
- Experience with estimating; monitoring and forecasting project and capital costs; and, scheduling of manpower and equipment
- Valid driver’s
- Prior personnel and project management
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation of water transfer services for particular operator or account.
- Demonstrates and exemplifies the Company’s culture and commitment to Goal Zero: No deaths; no injuries; no spills; no environmental impact; and no damage to equipment, vehicles and property.
- Acts as voice to the client as a representative of Keystone management.
- Facilitates additional sales by pursuing additional work from existing accounts and informing supervising Director of Operations and Business Development Director when sales opportunities
- Acts as Manager on Site, delegating work to be done to ensure operations are running smoothly and on budget. May serve as Supervisor on site, or may be directing assigned Site
- Runs all current jobs per work order / working hand in hand with Director of
- Ensures that all personnel follow Company-established EH&S procedures. Utilizes and trains personnel on appropriate safety equipment and ensures compliance with all company EH&S policy, procedures, and governmental
- Evaluates potential new jobs. Works with engineering to properly spec the job technically, and to accomplish efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation of leased equipment, pumps and water transfer
- Ensures proper monitoring, inspection, and performing of minor repairs in order to maintain pumps, both electric and diesel, valves, fusion machines, flow meters and other Company-owned
- Installs and monitors water transfer equipment, including pumps, flow meters, filter pods and various valves necessary for transfer
- Minimizes down time and operating
- Coordinates and plans short and long term work tasks to meet spud, sales, production, LOE and capital budget goals
- Insures that all jobs are running to budget with regard to personnel assignments and equipment rentals and works to cut
- Prepares daily Field Tickets for all the work performed on customer job sites; reviews for accuracy and completeness; signs tickets attesting to accuracy; submits tickets daily to the Company’s accounting department.
- Works to continuously improve company operations, including introduction and use of new technologies, opportunities for improved efficiency, and cost cutting measures
- Develops and delivers applicable training programs and jobsite safety
- Supervises, directs and trains field supervisors and their subordinates.
Manages field supervisors and subordinate employees or contractors. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and / or carry up to 75 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk on uneven, slippery and muddy conditions
- Ability to sit and / or stand for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours daily.
- Ability to work out of doors in all environmental conditions.
- Ability to operate and maneuver on and off an all-terrian vehicle throughout the day.
- Worker will be subject to other physical activities required, to include climbing, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, seeing, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
- Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and range of vision necessary to safely perform job functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outdoor work in all weather conditions.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.