- Comprehensive knowledge of the design process, project scheduling, budgeting, estimating, bidding, negotiating, and the means & methods of construction.
- Technical and functional knowledge of site and building systems including; site utility distribution, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, water filtration, fire protection, etc.
- Functional knowledge of specialty technology systems used within the theme park industry.
- Excellent communication skills – oral & written. Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and develop effective plans and strategies.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively lead a diverse group of design, engineering and technical professionals, and flourish in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project processes simultaneously.
- The ability to travel frequently with extended length of stay assignments in SEA’s primary market locations (San Diego, CA • San Antonio, TX • Tampa, FL • Williamsburg, VA • Langhorne, PA), as well as project-required travel to consultant offices and vendor locations. Minimal international travel is anticipated.
Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, or other related discipline.
Minimum ten years combined experience in architecture, engineering, or project management, including design and construction management, preferably in a major theme park environment.