This is a full-time position with VUMC IT and offerschallenge, career growth and a chance to join a highly collaborative team ofdevelopers in beautiful Nashville, TN. Working at Vanderbilt Medical Centerallows you to grow your skills, support medical center applications and enjoycomprehensive benefits.
Application Developer/Software Engineer with demonstrableexperience developing, administering and supporting web application in .Netenvironment. Must be comfortabledeveloping code in C# using principles of MVC Architecture and Object-OrientedDesign.
Additionally, must possess strong analytical skills andexcellent communication skills.
Familiarity with WebServices, WebAPI, UEx, and ResponsiveWeb Design preferred but not required.
Required Skills and Experience:
â¢ C# / .Net
â¢ Object-Oriented Design
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Core Accountabilities
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgement
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members
- Key Responsibilities:
- Develops or modifies software.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for all development and modification.
- Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
- Core Capabilities: Supporting Colleagues
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
- Core Capabilities: Delivering Excellent Services
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness
- Core Capabilities: Ensuring High Quality
- Performs excellent work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly
- Ensures continuous improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them
- Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring
- Core Capabilities: Managing Resources Effectively
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities
- Core Capabilities: Fostering Innovation
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
- Technical Capabilities:
- Application Development: Demonstrates proficiency of programming and other development tasks independently and without support from others for moderate to difficult applications. Has conducted all of the tasks and activities required to complete the applications development phase and participated in the process of fully implementing the system. Able to successfully debug complex routines. In terms of structured programming, has used structured code to produce modules of straightforward logic.
- Applications Development Standards and Procedures: Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of applications development standards and procedures in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is attentive to existing applications development standards and procedures, and may recommend improvements to existing applications development standards and procedures within the work area.
- Applications System Analysis: Has some training in or light exposure to basic systems analysis tasks. Participated in one or more systems analysis tasks such as: collection of documents, user interviews, file analysis, process flow charting, functional process modeling, data modeling, feasibility, prototyping, and evaluating existing systems. Able to analyze information and verify its completeness. If applicable, has knowledge of the concepts of structured functional specifications, modularity and partitioning.
- Applications System Design: Demonstrates the ability to conduct systems design tasks in a team environment or independently to build or enhance a simple system. Has conducted the basic phases of systems design including preparing design and file specifications, preparing testing, conversion, and implementation plans, designing system architecture and process flows, and preparing program requirements and specifications. Creatively generates multiple potential solutions. In terms of structured systems design, if applicable, has participated in the structured design of one or more conventional, relatively uncomplicated data processing systems as a member of a project team. Is familiar with standard methods for functional decomposition. Has participated in structured design walk-throughs.