| Essential Functions:|
Responsible for supervision of design and construction for new and renovation projects, assuring quality, schedule, code, budget and safety compliance on the project.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with University departments to develop project scope and budgets. Manages and coordinates the design and construction firms to deliver the projects. Prepares and reviews contracts, change orders and applications for payment for contractors and designers, assuring proper percentage and documentation. Reviews plans and specifications. University representative who works with governing agencies assuring all regulations and building codes are followed by the designers and contractors. Inspects construction work for conformance to the University plans, specifications and standards, and assesses quality of work being performed. Represents and coordinates the relationship and work between the contractor and the University.
- Reviews and approves shop drawings, reviews preliminary drawings and specifications for University compliance and departmental needs. Prepares resolutions for funding.
- Responsible for bringing projects to completion within budget limitations. Monitors construction progress to assure compliance with schedule.
- Coordinates the project with the University client, and the maintenance, utilities and business staff of the Facilities Planning and Management department.
- Arranges with University departments all shutdowns, tie-ins, hours when not in use, and occupancy.
- Reviews preliminary drawings and specifications for University compliance and departmental needs.
- Receives and reviews operation and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings.
- Inspects for safety.
- Plans for future buildings, assuring that the needs of departments involved are represented.
- University representative at all major construction meetings. Assures conformance to plans and specifications, University standards.
- Issues monthly status reports on progress of construction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in engineering/construction management/architecture.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience and responsibility in construction project management.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications. Capable of working with and motivating design professionals and contractors.
- Self-motivated, responsible and mature individual. Good communication skills a necessity. Computer experience in word processing and spreadsheets required. Experience in estimating and scheduling preferred.
- OSHA 10 safety training preferred.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Ability to organize time and priorities to be most productive.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of the design and construction industry to assess quality of the work being performed.
- Ability to make judgments on acceptability, proper means and methods of design and construction.
The hiring range for this position is $69,654 - $92,294 annually.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Capital Projects and Records, Facilities. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.