Fitch Ratings is actively seeking an experienced professional to join Compliance Infrastructure in Fitch Ratings' London office. The role will report into the head of the Infrastructure function, who is based in New York.
The individual will be focused on developing, implementing and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs) across the Compliance department globally. In this capacity, the individual will also be expected to analyze the various indicators, and recommend (and where appropriate assist in the implementation of) enhancements to current processes or controls designed to achieve greater efficiencies or effectiveness. Moreover, the individual will act as a data analyst involved in identification, improvement, and repair of data generated by or consumed by Compliance.
The individual will work closely with their Compliance colleagues across the various Regions, along with Legal, business management, Human Resources and other internal support and control functions. They will gain an understanding of both Fitch Ratings' business and operations, and the rules and regulations under which credit rating agencies operate.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in metrics, reporting and data analytics in a large, multi-national organization.
- Identify, collect, validate, interpret, and organize various types of data into meaningful reports and/or summaries for the Compliance Department, and define state-of-the-art reporting solutions
- Assist in the development, implementation and reporting of metrics, scorecards, dashboards, KPIs and KRIs designed to report on and measure Compliance's effectiveness
- Use statistical analysis and best practices to identify and escalate emerging risks and opportunities
- Identify and execute on opportunities for efficiencies and synergies across the Department, including automating manual processes by leveraging technical solutions
- Locate and obtain various data within the organization, while working to improve data quality and correctness for Compliance consumption or distribution
- Assist in identifying and producing Compliance-relevant metrics, reporting and other data responsive to regulatory requests or necessary for inclusion in regulatory filings
- Participate in global projects or initiatives designed to enhance the compliance control environment
- Develop strong, positive and constructive relationships with Compliance colleagues and other internal stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Required: Previous experience in experience in the metrics, reporting, and data domains, ideally on behalf of a large, multi-national, financial services firm
- Required: Undergraduate degree
- Required: Native-level proficiency in the English language
- Experience with the MetricStream GRC application a strong plus
- Very strong analytical skills, with the ability to communicate and present analyses, information and reports to all levels of the organization
- A close attention to detail, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize high volume, high priority initiatives
- Intermediate to advanced use of Excel, including advanced functions (vlookups, pivot tables, charts, etc.).
- A high level of independence, energy and integrity, with a respect for, and an understanding of, a diversity of opinions, styles and cultures
- A collaborative approach to problem-solving, project delivery and achieving results
- Must be comfortable working in an environment of change and growth