Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST2121
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Mechanical System Mechanic I for University Facilities and Capital Planning. Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Mechanic I performs a variety of maintenance repairs and installations/replacement of machinery, mechanical equipment and when assigned to shifts, responds and takes action on all skilled trades calls.
- Assists in the work direction of other mechanics, trades helpers, and mechanics of other skilled trades.
- Operates, maintains, repairs and installs specialized and complex machinery including, but not limited to pumps, compressors, air moving/distribution equipment, motors, heat exchangers, valves, pneumatic systems and regulators.
- Responds to mechanical trouble calls and requests within the facilities, using hand tools, power tools, analyzing equipment and testing instruments.
- Performs routine maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections on mechanical equipment and related equipment/systems. Ancillary equipment and support systems is inclusive of, but not limited to; controls, regulators, motors, compressors, air stations, coils, fluid/gas piping, strainers, operating valves and medical air/gas systems.
- Prepares, maintains and submits to the Supervisor, Maintenance and Construction requisitions for material, work orders, required records and reports, pertaining to mechanical equipment systems.
- Maintains daily time sheets and information pertaining to work performed and time spent.
- Conducts facility tours during the course of the shift, maintains logbook, which includes all calls, situations and BMS Summaries occurring during the shift.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
- New Jersey Black Seal Engineer’s License is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of blue print and schematic reading is required, as is through knowledge of all applicable (local, stat and national) codes.
- Ability to perform all skilled trades repairs including mechanical equipment/systems, HVACR electrical, plumbing and fire alarms systems.
Department: FCP-PHYSICAL PLANT-Mech Syst
- Valid driver’s license is required.