Serves as a primary resource for daily operations and provides administrative and business support to complex area(s), independently. Serves as a liaison with internal/external groups. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
|Admin support for VC for Clinical Services- scheduling, distribution, calendaring, follow-up, etc.|
Assist VC with presentations (PowerPoint/Visio)
Assist VC with Self Insurance Trust reporting duties. Monitor and maintain database in collaboration with Health Info Syst Proj Mgr III.
Support VC in role with Quality Safety and Risk Prevention - regulatory, compliance, faculty disciplinary issues
|Support VC and Dara Mize, Epic Trainer, in creating Epic training site to be up by July 2017|
Heavy demand for support to VC and others around Epic rollout to begin July 2017
|Admin support to Director of Advanced Practice for Disclosure and Professionalism training sessions. These occur ~ 4x year in the first half of the FY.|
|Admin support to Assistant Vice chair for Clinical Quality for Quality Council meetings 2x a month. Scheduling, distribution, attend and take minutes, calendaring, follow up on action items.|
|Admin support to Lead Divisional Compliance Expert for Divisional Compliance Expert Meetings 1x a month. Schedule, attend and take minutes.|
|Back-up coverage for Assistant to the Chair and other Lead Administrative Assistant|
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Core Accountabilities
- Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas.
- Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
- Key Responsibilities
- Performs key administrative functions which may include serving as representative of the organizational area.
- Proactively facilitates and manages administrative functions.
- Supports and coordinates area initiatives.
- Compiles data, analyzes information and summarizes findings in support of an area.
- Analyzes and prepares budgetary data.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Core Capabilities - Supporting Colleagues
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
- Core Capabilities - Delivering Excellent Services
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness
- Core Capabilities - Ensuring High Quality
- Performs excellent work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly
- Ensures continuous improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them
- Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring
- Core Capabilities - Managing Resources Effectively
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities
- Core Capabilities - Fostering Innovation
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
- Technical Capabilities
- Clerical/Administrative (Advanced): Clerical/Administration is a skill which includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried out by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Among the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, Document Duplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, Employee Record Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing, Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination and Scheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects, Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
- Financial Processes (Intermediate): Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
- Ad Hoc Reporting (Intermediate): The ability to access information from databases and prepare reports.
- Analytical Skills (Novice): The process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify patterns and establish relationships for decision making.
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures (Novice): Knowledge, adherence and application of human resources policies and procedures.