Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data, including exercising discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing such analysis to established standards for the purpose of recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and relationships.
- Ability to apply principles of persuasion and/or influence over others in coordinating activities of a project, program, or designated area of responsibility.
- Ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; the ability to calculate decimals and percentages; the ability to utilize principles of fractions; and the ability to interpret graphs.
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems; to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
- Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- High school diploma or GED supplemented with post high school vocational course work or technical training.
- Two (2) years computer experience
- Two (2) years customer service experience
- Six (6) months experience using video and audio systems; court reporting training
In addition to the Essential Job Functions and Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities identified, the following competencies are considered during the hiring process and are integral to the position:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/ professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgment, and competent performance
Decision Making/Problem Solving: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions in a timely manner. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. Applies both rational and creative processes to identify unknown root causes of problems. Based on the situation, decides the best course of action, implements the solution, and follows-up to see how it’s working. Calculates and evaluates the long-term consequences of a decision.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains effective performance under pressure; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization. Stays calm and even-tempered when handling crises, stressful situations, continuous change, or unexpected developments. Is able to recover from difficult situations. Is seen as a settling influence in a crisis.
Teamwork: Works effectively in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals. Builds constructive working relationships with interested stakeholders to identify and meet mutual goals and objectives. Participates as an active and contributing member of teams with a focus on improving offender outcomes and department goals. Shares information as appropriate and credit for team accomplishments. Helps create and maintain strong morale and a feeling of belonging in his/her team. Acts as if "true success" is the success of the whole team.
Conflict Management: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to reduce tension and/or conflict between two or more people; able to size up situations quickly; able to identify common interests; facilitates resolution. Steps up to conflicts and sees them as opportunities. Finds common ground and achieves cooperation without disruption to work flows or interpersonal relationships.
Cultural Competence: Values an inclusive organization where the differences of all people are respected, valued and utilized towards achieving common goals. Respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse worldviews, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, respectfully challenges bias and intolerance. Supports equal and fair treatment.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates effective written, verbal and listening skills.
Collaboration: Develops and maintains effective working relationships with coworkers and stakeholders through the use of strong interpersonal skills to meet mutual goals and objectives. Obtains cooperation from others; seeks and encourages win-win alternatives.
Influence: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and techniques to gain support and acceptance for ideas or solutions. Uses influencing strategies to gain mutually beneficial agreements; Seeks to persuade rather than force solutions or impose decisions or regulations; and recognizes personal autonomy of others.
Dependability and Reliability: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; is committed to being available during business hours to further organizational goals; demonstrates regular and punctual attendance; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; diligently follows through on commitments and consistently meets deadlines.