| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Food Services Department and discover how your talents can change lives.|
The Food Services Assistant STARBUCKS BARISTA will be responsible for:
- Preparing and/or serving hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Providing quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Following health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products, food contact surfaces and equipment.
- Performing cashier duties, following department/brand specific cash handling procedures.
- Maintaining clear communication channels and constructive, sensitive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, patients, customers, parents and all hospital staff.
As a fully licensed Starbucks store within Boston Children's Hospital, the individual is expected to:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks as a brand and Boston Children's Hospital.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicate information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assist with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Deliver legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer; discovering and responding to customer needs.
- Follow Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
To qualify, you must have:
- The ability to read and understand written instructions and use math in food preparation and other duties typically acquired through a high school level of education
- 6 to 12 months of previous experience.
- The understanding to be able to respond to simple written or verbal instructions, questions or requests for information.
- Comprehension of weights measures, recipe conversion and portion control to minimize waste.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off).
- Barista/coffee experience.
- Must be able and willing to work days, nights, rotational weekends and holidays.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Food Services
Standard Hours Per Week: 32