Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, a Northwest based heavy civil construction company, is currently seeking an experienced Vice President – Water/Wastewater in Stayton, Oregon.
General Job Description:
This position will work closely with the President, VP of Operations, VP of Heavy Civil, VP of Pre-Construction, and Project Managers while leading the water/wastewater business unit.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are typical for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Cascading communication for corporate strategy, key initiatives, and culture.
- Develop and utilize relationships within the industry to procure and manage projects.
- Work with subcontractors, vendors, and owners to promote the company and bring viable project leads.
- Work with the President to determine projects to pursue and to determine market segment strategy.
- Company face of market segment.
- Provide direct oversight of Business Unit Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Superintendents.
- Accountable for the overall performance of projects within business unit.
- Review project financial forecasts, project schedules, and equipment and manpower needs on a monthly basis. Provide status report of projects to President and CFO.
- Provide guidance and support to project teams needing assistance with project financials and/or schedule.
- Coordinate with other Division Managers to ensure that the use of company resources is maximized.
- Promote, reinforce, and support company culture
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Active within the industry of the given business unit.
- Communication and people skills are vital to the success of this position.
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focused
- Strong ethics and values
- Good at motivating others
- Job costing
- Means and methods associated with business unit work
- Knowledge of software associated with these operations.
This position requires the person to sit, stand, walk and drive to perform assigned duties.
Work inside and outside of an office environment, including project locations throughout the Northwest.