Clairbourn School, a co-educational independent day school in suburban Los Angeles, California is seeking an experienced facilities director to organize and maintain the schools physical plant and facilities. Clairbourn was established in 1926 and is situated on a beautiful eight acre campus serving preschool through 8th grade.
Director of Facilities and Security (DFS)
The successful candidate will have demonstrated competencies in facilities maintenance, including the repair and alteration of campus buildings and grounds, planning for future new construction, ensuring full operation of campus security, managing annual budgets, and ensuring optimal utilization of personnel and other resources.
The DFS will:
- Collaborate with the Head of School, other administrative officers, and the faculty in ensuring the full operation of all school facilities, including the 8-acre campus landscaping, trees, and grounds.
- Coordinate schedules and special event operations with the school administration and the Clairbourn Families Association (CFA) for the purpose of ensuring required facilities preparation.
- Develop long and short range maintenance plans/programs (e.g. emergency response plans, energy management plans, annual budget, ) for the purpose of ensuring that school resources are effectively utilized.
- Direct projects (e.g. site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design, and budget.
- Inspect new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring jobs are completed efficiently; specifications for major capital improvements are within local/state/federal regulations; and approving inspection reports and payment requests.
- Monitor budget allocations and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that expenses are within budget limits.
- Perform personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving objectives within budget.
- Coordinate and maintain the school’s security system, including all components, working with the school’s security system contractor.
- Coordinate and maintain the school’s telephone, audio-visual, computer wiring infrastructure by working with appropriate suppliers and troubleshooting any related operational problems.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description visit www.clairbourn.org/employment. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Dr. Robert Nafie, Headmaster (email@example.com) by June 15, 2017.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.