Pay Grade: 82 Pay Range: $33.13 to $46.38 per hour DOE/Q plus benefits
FLSA Status: Exempt – not eligible for overtime
Candidate of choice must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
City of Prescott Department of Public Works is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable and collaborative licensed professional engineer to assist with the design and review of both City and private development projects, with an emphasis on utilities. Under general supervision of the City Engineer, will serve as primary source for utility design and installation with multiple divisions, departments and outside agencies to provide technical and administrative support on behalf of the department related to water and wastewater utilities. Although the majority of work will be utilities related, the engineer will be involved in design, review and other areas of work.
Education and Experience: Must have a bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or related field and possess registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Arizona or be registered in another state and obtain Arizona registration within six (6) months of employment. Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license or obtain within 30 days of employment. Seven (7) years of civil engineering practice, including four (4) years in municipal water and sewer planning, engineering and project management. Experience in construction materials, procedures and practices may substitute for a portion of professional experience.
- Reviews, processes and approves private development engineering plans, reports, model outputs and any other information related to City owned utilities to ensure compliance with applicable City, County, State and Federal codes and guidelines.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure that planning and grading/drainage review functions are effectively integrated into the projects, meet processing deadlines and do not conflict with existing or planned utilities.
- Reviews and comments on lot split, re-plats, revision of plat, preliminary plat and final plat projects and coordinates City requirements with Community Development Department.
- Participates in the Pre-Application Conference review and presentation as needed, including modeling of the water and wastewater models. Prepares written requirements for water and sewer and other infrastructure needs associated with private development projects.
- Ensures that all private development applications are processed to a prompt, final outcome, including obtaining all as-built, certification, and test information and coordinating with the maintenance of a records retention and storage system to properly archive these materials.
- Coordinates with private sector engineers and City inspectors, to resolve construction phase problems and requested changes related to utilities.
- Participates in the activities of the Capital Improvement Program as necessary including review of all engineering areas related to capital projects to ensure coordination between private development review/processing/approval activities, water and wastewater operations and planned infrastructure improvements.
- Participate in selected capital project meetings when projects bear a relationship to existing infrastructure or other private development-related concerns.
- Coordinate with Capital Project Managers and City Inspectors to resolve problems during construction that require the expertise of a Professional Engineer.
- Responsible for review and City approval of all ADEQ mandated forms for additions to the Cities water and wastewater systems. Maintains and update wastewater treatment capacity and collection system commitment data files for all new development and capital improvement projects as required by ADEQ.
- Provide Cadd designs for water, sewer and other engineering improvements.
- Coordinate, and attend public meetings for capital improvement projects
- Coordinates and/or resolves questions and concerns from the public and represents the City at internal and external meetings involving utilities, all while working in a self-motivated manner or upon direction by the City Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned by the City Engineer
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, Arizona Administrative Code, and Arizona Department of Water Resources provisions, codes, policies and procedures as they relate to the planning, design, construction, and approval of public water and sewer systems.
- Manage capital improvement projects and lead in-house design projects.
- Knowledge of Maricopa Area Government details and standards associated with the design of public water and sewer systems.
- Knowledge of City of Prescott General Engineering Standards and Quad City Details.
- Knowledge of common methods and conventions used in the development and presentation of utility plan sheets and contract specifications.
- Knowledge of land development laws of Arizona and municipal procedures related to the review and approval of subdivision-related utilities.
- Knowledge of water and sewer computer software simulation programs, including database development, maintenance, and utilization.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of cost estimation, planning, budgeting, design consultant procurement and contract administration, construction inspection and project management and review/approval of consultant and contractor pay estimates for public works projects.
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and integration of GIS and water/sewer hydraulic modeling software databases and computer aided drafting programs.
- Skill in promptly and efficiently processing private development submittals while adhering to the City’s ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Skill in balancing the interests of the development industry and the City through a positive, proactive oral and written communication style.
- Skill in organizational relations with immediate supervisor, subordinates, peers, and key contacts in other City departments.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with State, Federal, and other local officials, elected officials, consulting engineers, contractors, and City residents.
Physical and Visual Ability: sufficient to effectively and safely perform required duties and to safely operate required equipment and City vehicles as needed.
Hearing and Speaking Ability: sufficient to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate in person and over the telephone and e-mail.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m.
First Review, May 31, 2017,
Deadline June 9, 2017
To apply for this position please visit our website at http://cityofprescott.applicantpro.com/jobs/
(928) 777-1347 (800) 748-6205 TDD (928) 777-1100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EEO/M/F/V/H/D/NSE Posted: May 16, 2017
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
MAJOR BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME REGULAR EMPLOYEES: Paid time off; ten paid holidays; employee and/or family health and life insurance; short term and long term disability; Arizona State Retirement and Social Security contributions; other optional benefits such as deferred compensation plans and additional life insurance. PROBATION: Each employee must satisfactorily serve an established probationary period. NOTE: When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an “otherwise qualified applicant” with a disability to participate in any phase of the selection process.