MHC Facilities Management
80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
Days shift; Monday Friday 7:00am 3:30pm
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Maintain, test, repair, and modify heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and related temperature controls and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED. Trade specific education.
- 3 years related experience. 1 year direct experience.
- Completion of an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved HVAC technician certification program. Additional certification as required by local municipality as defined at the unit/position level.
- Provide maintenance support to air handling units, exhaust systems, VAVs, BAS, and chilled water systems.
- Maintain specified pressures, temperatures, and humidity.
- Inspect the equipment for malfunctions.
- Make adjustments and/or repairs.
- Recommend modifications, replacements, repairs, and necessary procedures.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance according to established schedules.
- Maintain preventive maintenance records and equipment repair files in order to comply
- with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Assist in construction, remodeling, and maintenance projects.
- Provide information on critical mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Conduct and supervise airflow and balancing tests required for accreditation reports and for the infection control program.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.