| This is a full-time position with VUMC and part of the Epic Leap team. We provide a comprehensive benefits package, challenge and an opportunity to grow your career while making a difference in healthcare.|
For immediate consideration, your background should include experience with Epic Cache with daily maintenance and tuning skills.
Designs, models, configures, tests and installs databases independently. Provides support services for database creation, performance, monitoring, tuning and capacity planning. Designs and builds physical data structures. Recommends, develops and enforces policies and procedures for maintaining the security and integrity of the database and ensures the database meets availability and disaster recover requirements. Functions as lead on projects and may lead teams. Coaches the development of other DBAs. Implements complex large/multiple development projects. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here
.Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Core Accountabilities:
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams
- Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas
- Team Interaction: Acts as a "go-to" resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams
- Key Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements complex and large databases supporting enterprise systems.
- Performs all aspects of database management including installation, patching, backup and recovery, performance and tuning, security administration and space management.
- Ensures databases are secure and protected
- Core Capabilities: Supporting Colleagues
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
- Core Capabilities: Delivering Excellent Services
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness
- Core Capabilities: Ensuring High Quality
- Performs excellent work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly
- Ensures continuous improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them
- Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring
- Core Capabilities: Managing Resources Effectively
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities
- Core Capabilities: Fostering Innovation
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
- Technical Capabilities:
- Database Backup and Recovery: Demonstrates ability to prepare complex and dependent backup procedures for important operational and production grade files and systems, including operating systems, databases, tools, applications and other critical computer-based materials. Has experience with the advanced features of various backup tools. Knowledgeable in disaster recovery operations and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to react quickly to recover and restore files and databases that have been damaged or otherwise deemed unusable.
- Physical Database Modeling: Has designed advanced physical databases. Demonstrated the ability to bring all the various pieces together to complete the process of defining a database for a business application. Takes into consideration that the objects defined during physical modeling can vary depending on the relational database software being used. Has worked with at least two relational database systems that have variations with the way data types are represented and the way data is stored. Has prepared advanced server model diagrams that show tables, columns, and relationships within a database, user feedback documentation, and database design documentation.
- Server Installation and Upgrade: Has the ability to install software using vendor-supplied and company-developed procedures. Demonstrates the ability to use core utility programs in the installation and maintenance of systems. Demonstrates the ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems that may arise during a software installation. Demonstrates the ability to create and use complex utility programs to facilitate software installations.
- Database Security: Has expertise in finding exposures in databases and in developing/installing safeguards to protect the database physically and the information on the database. Familiar with the external access safeguards to Databases. Has worked with a variety of databases and the applications that access the databases. Is familiar with the major database security vulnerabilities of Server Security, Database Connections, Table Access Control and Restricting Database Access.
- Database Performance Tuning: Demonstrates knowledge of what metrics are available, understands their meaning, and can produce sophisticated reports for multiple database systems. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering Database Performance Monitoring/Tuning without requiring support and instruction from others. Performs statistical analysis with performance tuning data.