Responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales technical marketing support for the development and the implementation of customer applications dealing with the offerings of the Industrial Plant Services group. Responsible for making technical presentations to customers and peers regarding all aspects of company products. Assist sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications. Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to service personnel, company sales representatives, project managers and customer's employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of proposals to customers to solve complex problems.
- Manage client relationships ensuring customer satisfaction on all projects.
- Makes technical presentations.
- Assist the IPS team with contract negotiations and pricing strategies.
- Networking with key contacts inside and outside own organization and expertise.
- Frequently interact with peers and customers to gain cooperation of others or conduct presentations of complex technical information.
- Provide business input to the IPS Operations Manager for the industrial power and control business.
- Look for ways to implement new opportunities to continue to grow the IPS business.
Location of Position
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with a focus in industrial electrical power systems or, equivalent commensurate experience.
- A minimum of five years in an industrial power and control commercial capacity.
- The ability to work through complex issues needing in depth analysis of situations or data.
- The ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complete issues to support the customer.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Previous experience in a commercial role writing proposals for industrial power system and control applications.
- Accomplished engineer with exposure to an industrial environment.
- Experienced with substation and distribution system design, power system modeling and analysis, arc flash studies and remediation, modeling software such as SKM, protective relay testing and maintenance, coordination studies, medium and low voltage equipment testing, PLC's, power panels, UL Listing, NEC, electrical construction and modern control systems.
- 5-10 years of commercial engineering experience.
- Professional licensure, or capability to obtain professional license specific to role (i.e. Professional Engineer, Master Electrician, etc.)
KEY SKILL SETS:
- Relationship building and influencing
- Technical capability in Industrial Power and Control Systems
- Excellent Interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Proposal Writing
- Commercial knowledge
- Computer Software - Microsoft suite of products and AutoCAD Electrical
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians, Sales, Services, and Solutions
Iron Mountain - Michigan, Kingsford - Michigan
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.