The primary responsibilities for this position is driving renovation sales of Apogee Enterprises architectural business products by developing a regional territorial plan for the West with an emphasis on California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Utah and Arizona while creating a presence at the building owner, property management, energy service companies (ESCO’s) and consultant level.
The position will work effectively between and represent Apogee Enterprises architectural business units by identifying and executing opportunities in the renovation market.
- Develop a regional territorial plan for the West with emphasis on San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and Salt Lake City in conjunction with the Vice President of Strategy to cover the market efficiently and effectively, creating a presence at the building owner, property management, energy service companies (ESCO’s) and consultant level. Annual order goals and promotional goals will be included in this territorial plan.
- Builds partnering relationships with the customer or influencer responsible for the decision making process to drive renovation sales of Apogee Enterprises architectural products.
- Works effectively between and represent Viracon, Wausau Window & Wall Systems, Tubelite, Linetec, Alumicor, SotaWall, and Harmon to maximize the renovation potential for Apogee.
- Expands existing customer base within target market while minimizing potential conflict within existing customer base.
- Manages ongoing sales process, develops relationship, responds to and anticipates customer needs. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Demonstrates financial and business acumen to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with prospective customers. Develops network of contacts. Understands and leverages sales process checkpoints as well as demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes and commitments.
- Technical promotion to building owner, property management, energy service companies (ESCO’s) and consultant level product selection guidance for projects in the design phase.
- Identify viable and profitable opportunities to include closing projects, and retrieving the proper documents and paperwork.
- Generate leads through lead service programs and responsible to follow and pursue viable prospective projects. Develop own set of leads through local contacts and the promotion process.
- Lead role in qualifying potential new customers
- Represent Apogee and the architectural business companies at trade shows.
- Assist the architectural companies in quoting activity (including, but not limited to: prioritizing projects, answering questions regarding bids, i.e. scope clarification, getting bid documents in a timely fashion, developing pricing strategies, and understanding the competition in the local market).
- Available to travel frequently (70% of time to West Markets) and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Represent Apogee in an ethical and professional manner. Adhere to the guidelines established in the Apogee Code of Ethics and company's Core Values.
- Adhere to established Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all associates.
- Adhere to established Policies, Critical Business Practices (CBPs), Standards, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Serve as Apogee’s subject matter expert in the West building retrofit for select markets
- Closely monitor, analyze and report on trends for retrofit supply/demand evolution
- Develop a strong external network of building retrofit contacts (ESCO’s), building owners, developers/property managers, BOMA, architects, contractors, academics, other building materials suppliers, etc.)
- Monitor building retrofits strategies and tactics being pursued at all levels of the commercial construction supply chain
- Be a thought-leader for how Apogee and its businesses might respond to this trend
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant sales work experience
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with building facades, architectural glass, contract glazing supply chain or building controls in commercial construction
- Technical knowledge of glass and aluminum framing products or the ability to learn these products
- Passionate about building retrofit; desire to be a subject matter expert
- Ability to influence/work across multiple businesses and balance different needs or concerns to find the best answer for Apogee shareholders
- Demonstrated success interacting with external parties – architects, building owners, contractors, other executives
- Understanding of product management/product strategy concepts and analytical approach
- Ability to provide leadership through effective communication, work ethic and personal excellence