About the Department: Electric Project Estimating plays a critical role in shaping National Grid’s short and long term capital budgets for the three lines of electric business within the US; Distribution, Substation, and Transmission. Collaborating as core team members, we develop detailed, defensible estimates for capital projects from $100K to $200M. Using nationally recognized estimating techniques and refining our practices, we constantly seek ways to improve the accuracy of our estimates. Electric Project Estimating ensures confidence in the sanctioning and approval of short and long term capital projects
Position Summary: Shape National Grid’s short and long term capital budgets for the three lines of electric business within the US; Distribution, Substation, and Transmission. Develop detailed, defensible estimates for challenging and interesting capital projects.
• Provide accurate, timely estimates for complex electric transmission, substation, and distribution construction projects throughout the National Grid geographic footprint. Estimates include all aspects of project and program work; materials, engineering, permitting, environmental, construction, labor, and equipment.
• Revise and update the estimating system database to support storage and retrieval of information and enhance efficiency.
• Participate as a member of a project team providing estimating support throughout the project lifecycle.
• Perform post-construction analysis to compare actual costs to estimate to validate accuracy and obtain lessons learned in order to drive continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field, ex: Project Management, Architecture required. OR in lieu of a degree candidates with relevant work experience and training may be considered.
• 3 to 5 years of work experience with Utility Project Management/Estimating strongly preferred. (Master's degree considered equivalent to 1 year work experience)
• Experience with project management and estimating software (such as Success Enterprise, Timberline, RS Means)
• Professional Estimator Certification through AACE is strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to productively and effectively work with engineers and project managers during all project phases.
• Must have a valid driver's license with safe driving history.
Here with you. Here for you. At National Grid we are committed to delivering safe and reliable energy to the customers and communities we serve.
We are one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world - covering Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and the UK.
We are at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing our society—delivering clean energy to support our world... long into the future. Every day we work with stakeholders to promote the development and implementation of sustainable, innovative and affordable energy solutions.
We are proud of the contributions our work and our people make to the prosperity and wellbeing of our customers, communities and investors.