The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is responsible for providing operational leadership to all functional areas of the District. The COO oversees the management of facilities, plant operations, maintenance, custodial services, school safety, transportation, and food services. The COO reports directly to the Superintendent of Pittsburgh Public Schools, and serves as a member of the Executive Cabinet.
- A Master's degree in Business Administration or Public Administration, or in a related area
- Five years of relevant experience with at least five years of management experience in policy making.
- Previous experience working for a school district or public organization is preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Proven project management, planning and forecasting skills.
- Experience managing public school construction projects preferred;
-Experience overseeing custodial functions and facility maintenance preferred.
- Highly developed organizational skills that resulted in the efficient utilization of staff and their continuing professional development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively engage a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the District internally and externally in a manner that supports the District's values, mission statement, and standards of professional conduct.
- Ability to solve problems within a fast-paced and complex environment.
Additional Salary Information: Aligned to the Chief salary schedule (starting salary of $148,366/annually)
Pittsburgh Public Schools is committed to accelerating student achievement, eliminating racial disparities, creating a positive school and district culture, and fostering innovation. . As an urban public school district, we serve students who are racially, linguistically, and culturally diverse. We educate and support the whole child and prepare every student to achieve academic excellence and str...ength of character, so that they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life. Our students need culturally-responsive educators who know how to leverage students’ unique skills, interests, and learning styles to create a learning experience that unequivocally includes and empowers each and every student.
Pittsburgh Public Schools graduates have a unique opportunity to earn up to $40,000 for college or technical school through The Pittsburgh Promise® scholarship organization. By offering rigorous academic programs, focusing on milestones such as reading proficiency and algebra readiness, and providing all students with the supports they need to graduate, together we are working to ensure all Pittsburgh students graduate ready to take advantage of the Promise.
If you want to make an impact on the nearly 25,000 students enrolled in our schools, and help our students build a bridge to success in college, career, and life, consider a career with Pittsburgh Public Schools. ?