Located in Nashville, Tennessee, andoperating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patientcare, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each daywith the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertisewill be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is aplace where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â issought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part ofsomething that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their workand never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
JOB SUMMARY: Develops, analyzes, and conducts complex financial analyses to assess the viability of strategic and financial plans and programs, independently. Integrates financial principles, theories, and concepts to develop reports. Monitors results from program and project implementation.
Develops projections to model the financial impact of programs and projects. Supports efforts of customers to sustain results from program and project implementation.
Investigates and analyzes financial transactions and/or regulations in support of programs and projects, and/or reviews monthly results and budget variances.
Designs, develops, and modifies financial forecasting models and simulations for programs. Accumulates and analyzes data from existing or established databases.
Presents financial, statistical, and operational reports. Analyzes budget impact of implemented programs/projects and provides input for financial projections.
Analyzes and reports on the effects of proposed federal and state statutes and regulatory actions which may impact financial planning.
Analyzes future trends and indicators in related areas of interest. Reviews data to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS (ADVANCED):- The process of evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, etc. to determine their performance, stability and profitability.
COMMUNICATION OF RESULTS (ADVANCED):- Communicates results and recommendations to customers in a concise and non-technical format. Clearly states implications and potential next steps. Presents analysis, ideas, and findings using the appropriate data visualization and presentation tools [such as Word, Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint].
PROBLEM SOLVING (ADVANCED):- Uses critical thinking and process improvement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describes current state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches and mentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan. Applies appropriate tools to address issues.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED):- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates the ability to write clear, detailed, and comprehensive status reports, memos and documentation. Demonstrates an understanding of effective composition, such as having first line in a paragraph state the subject.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.