This is a full-time role with Vanderbilt University Medical Center and offers career growth, challenge and an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team.
You background should include extensive analysis - meeting with internal clients, assessing business requirements, considering alternative solutions, documenting and problem solving. Additionally, this role requires critical thinking, ability to understand technical concepts, strong documentation skills and experience with multiple large scale projects.
Desirable skills include project management, Visio and healthcare knowledge.
JOB SUMMARY: Understands business needs and defines technology and services requirements to maximize value under occasional guidance. Uses analysis techniques to lead change activities. Implements small projects or components of large projects.
Provides leadership, expertise and guidance on strategic business change projects.
Provides business analysis on projects including engagement and stakeholder management.
Leads business change and defines business requirements and processes on projects.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS (NOVICE):- Takes basic business concepts and turns them into meaningful requirements. Participates in reengineering of processes. Communicates with customers and users to determine what their requirements are. Develops and specifies requirements in enough detail to allow them to be successfully implemented by a project team. Designs screens and reports for basic business systems.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE):- Understands customers' business operations beyond single issues driving a project. Demonstrates the ability to apply functional business knowledge to successfully meet work objectives. Has worked closely with knowledgeable users and customers in meeting their business needs. Demonstrates a good sense of the business when dealing with others. Critically evaluates the customer implications of technological advances. Knows and monitors the competition. Able to interpret business data.
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Business Requirements Definition in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Able to identify potential problems through basic analysis and develop appropriate test cases to assure effective testing of the application. Can analyze a Business Requirements Definition to determine processing flow, testing scenarios and user requirements. Familiar with the steps necessary to complete a Business Requirements Definition for more advanced systems.
FEASIBILITY/COST/BENEFITS ANALYSIS (NOVICE):- Has written an entire feasibility study for a small system or has written several descriptive sections of studies for a large system, such as the statement of the business problem and business function description. Has participated in detailed analysis through meeting with users. Has an understanding of how to formulate cost of an operation.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.