Facilities Management-RC - United States-Pennsylvania - (19001543)
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for oversight of mechanical, plumbing and fire protection (M/P/FP) design projects of limited scope, managing specific M/P/FP projects, determining user needs, defining scope of professional services, managing development of construction drawings and specifications, and when necessary managing projects through construction as assigned.
The incumbent is responsible for the following:
- The coordination of project requirements with other University departments
- Reviewing contract documents submitted by the Professionals to ensure compliance with University standards, the Professional's Standards Manual and the User's needs
- Transmitting comments to the Professionals in a timely manner and ensuring that comments are introduced into the documents
- Preparing or supervising preparation of contract documents as required for bidding and construction of projects of limited scope
- Ensuring that documents comply with all applicable codes and regulations and with University standards
Internal Number: 19001543
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.