Prince George Electric Cooperative is a member-owned business committed to delivering reliable energy services at competitive prices to improve the quality of life of its customers and communities. The incoming Vice President of Engineering (VPE) will be a part of the Executive Management Team and will be responsible for strategic planning, organizing, developing and implementing programs in the areas of engineering (metering, substation, staking, system, GIS and fiber optic).
The new VPE will represent the Cooperative’s senior-most engineering leadership role and report to President & CEO Casey Logan. Charged with leading a team of engineering professionals, the successful candidate will continue to improve upon a strong engineering organization centered on providing electric power for its members. With a culture of listening, observing, and collaborating, this individual will provide vision and leadership for developing and incorporating innovative and effective engineering solutions as PGEC focuses on improving the options for its member-customers. As a partner with each of the Cooperative’s respective functions, the incoming Vice President must develop and administer policies, procedures, and solutions that build and support a secure technology system which will serve as a solid platform for future growth.
Please send any/all attachments to email@example.com
Ideal Executive Requirements
The incoming VPE will have a proven track record of success in a relevant environment in a leadership role. With an intuitive business acumen, the selected candidate will have a high level of personal integrity and ethical standards with the leadership traits necessary to motivate the organization and to earn the support necessary for achieving strategic initiatives. Other desired attributes include:
• A trusted leadership style with high ethical standards and professional conduct, possessing the competence, judgment and personal commitment that is expected at Prince George Electric Cooperative.
• A strategic visionary with strong technical/engineering skills, analytical ability, and good judgment, with the patience and persistence to focus on long-term success.
• The proven ability to influence, drive and lead change and to effectively promote the mission and the strategic initiatives and build consensus across the business. A thorough comfort with leading and inspiring others while building and motivating effective teams.
• A track record of fostering trusting relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within an organization. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary for interactions with internal and external parties at varying levels.
• Familiar with RUS substation and distribution line design; construction, operation, and maintenance practices; industry safety practices; OSHA safety requirements; and the National Electrical Safety Code. • Possess Professional Engineer’s license in Virginia or able to obtain licensure in Virginia.
• A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other equivalent Engineering discipline.