This is a full-time role withVUMC IT and offers challenge, visibility and unlimited career opportunity.Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a highlycollaborative environment.
We are looking for a highlymotivated individual with Splunk experience to administer our growing Splunkenvironment, educate users, and identify opportunities to gain additional valuefrom Splunk. This position also provides the opportunity to administerother Linux based platforms supported by the same team, including an enterpriseJava application server platform, integration & messaging platform,workload automation platform, and more. The breadth and depth of this positionwill keep you challenged as we support a variety of systems for patient careand business operations.
For immediate consideration,your skills should align with the following job responsibilities:
Installing, upgrading, and configuring Splunk.
Optimizing performance and monitoring of Splunk to ensure high availability.
Architecting, deploying, documenting, and maintaining data integration between Splunk and external systems.
Building Splunk alerts and dashboards.
Managing user accounts and maintaining a secure Splunk environment.
Evangelizing and partnering with teams to identify and demonstrate how Splunk can add value to the business.
Educating users on SPL and the creation of meaningful Splunk reports.
Implementing and sustaining Splunk best practices.
Core skills should include:
Strong Linux skills.
Understanding of networking, firewalls, load-balancers, and complex network designs.
Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Strong communication skills.
Additional skills desired forconsideration:
Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security, UBA, and ITSI.
Experience administering Java application servers such as WebLogic.
Experience administering an integration and messaging platform such as Tibco EMS and BW.
Development and/or scripting experience such as Python or bash.
Experience managing Big Data solutions.
Installs, maintains and administers application server environments.
Performs application deployments to test integration and production environments.
Provides applications and projects with technical support.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
SERVER ADMINISTRATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of the skill in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering products and services using the skill without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
SERVER INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE (NOVICE):- Has the ability to install software on a specific platform. Demonstrates an ability to resolve problems that may occur during the installation of software. Is capable of understanding the design and purpose of the software being installed.
SERVER MONITORING AND TUNING (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates knowledge of what metrics are available, understands their meaning, and can produce sophisticated reports. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering products and services using the skill without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to direct associates of lower proficiencies on where to find data. Performs statistical analysis with performance tuning data.
SERVER SECURITY (NOVICE):- Has detailed knowledge of the functionality of security systems and understands how they work and interface with data, applications and systems. Able to explain and document the functionality of security requirements and how they relate to the business and an information security program.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.