Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Police, Public Safety, and Security, the Director of Public Safety provides strategic direction and leadership for the Baylor Scott & White Health Security Services for the Central Texas Division. This includes 12 hospitals (as well as two under construction) and their associated clinics within our Waco, Temple, Austin/Round Rock, Hill Country, and College Station Regions.
* Ensure a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, medical staff, and employees.
* Conduct security assessments, inspections, drills, and in-services
* Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
* Prepares and manages Budget to assure financial accountability.
* Meets/reports Budget progress with/to the System Vice President of Police, Public Safety, & Security
* Oversees the overall payroll to ensure budget is maintained.
* Oversees other departmental costs such as purchased services, supplies and equipment to maintain budget compliance.
* Formulates reports for information, analyzes data, evaluates financial reports, analyzes productivity information and prepares various reports including variances.
* Establishes policies & procedures that outline expectations for managing a professional security department.
* Upholds the Mission, Ambition, and Values of Baylor Scott & White Health and adheres to all Security policies and procedures.
* Creates a positive work environment of open communication, teamwork and quality performance.
* Guides and supports subordinate management staff at the various BSWH locations in their professional development.
* Provides appropriate education, training, and certifications for subordinate Security management and staff whether BSWH employees or contracted employees.
* Delegates, as appropriate, responsibility and authority related to the operational functions such as contracts, purchasing, staffing and training.
* Oversees and maintains a positive work environment by ensuring employee motivation through training, provision of proper tools and equipment, a safe work environment, balanced workloads, and appropriate rewards and recognition.
* Assess departmental compliance with accreditation standards and regulations related to Security. While this is a direct responsibility for the Temple region, the System Director also provides Security expertise and internal consulting at all BSWH sites.
* Identifies areas of vulnerability related to accreditation standards and regulations.
* Develops strategies to enhance compliance. Acts as the SWMH Security Committee Chair for Environment of Care. Supports other EOC Security Committees throughout the system.
* Supports consistent practices across sites within the BSWH system.
* Presents reports to the System Vice President of Police, Public Safety, & Security and other Baylor Scott & White administrators as appropriate.
* Provides strategy for access control at BSWH locations. This includes a managed key control program, appropriate electronic surveillance systems, balanced with appropriate rounding of Security Officers.
* Controls and regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic. This includes parking for visitors, employees, patients, and medical staff.
* Conducts investigations of alleged violations of criminal law and hospital policy. Reviews incident reports and maintains appropriate reports and records.
* Ensures that Customer Service requests (from patients, visitors, employees, department heads, medical staff and/or administration) are responded to in a timely manner to create and maintain positive relationships.
* Maintains a personal level of Professionalism at all times.
* Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
* Computer/Microsoft competence.
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
* 8 years' experience
Internal Number: 19000654
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!