Guided by Hermanson Purpose, Values, and business plans, collaborate with business unit leaders and construction executives, providing leadership and professional subject matter expertise to drive consistent direction and results in the project accounting team.
· Champion the use of best practices in Project Accounting to maximize project success company-wide
· Leverage technology to standardize processes and deliver inspired results for our customers
· Develop each Project Accountant and the Project Accounting team
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Embodies the Hermanson Company Purpose, Core Values and the Five Behaviors of Highly Effective Teams, ensuring these core principles of Hermanson are embraced by all members of his/her Project Accounting team
· Evaluates and wisely allocates all necessary resources internally and externally available to the Hermanson company to achieve business goals and objectives in the most efficient, effective, and professional manner possible
· Hires, retains, and develops A-level talent, promoting diversity and relentlessly finding the skills necessary to always raise the talent bar at Hermanson
· Leads project accounting team to ensure team member alignment, cross-training, and standardization
· Delivers the highest level of individual and team customer service standards through coaching and consistent customer feedback
· Drives best practices to standardize billing formats, reconciliation practices, and substantiations, ensuring adherence to policies/procedures and accountability to all Project Accounting objectives
· Champions the use of technology to bring efficiencies to our project accounting processes
· Leads project accountants for one or more business units, training and developing project accountants to assist with timely and accurate completion of needed tasks for assigned business unit(s)
· Ensures standard and effective billing turnovers for all construction projects throughout company
· Partners with Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager to continually strengthen Hermanson stat reporting technology and processes, driving to online and real-time capabilities
· Manages consistent process for Guaranteed Maximum Price billings to ensure consistent project profitability
· Directs all activities related to external project audits with the objective of no project credits given back to customers
· Performs consistent, high quality, one-to-ones to ensure employee development
· Creates standard system for project accountant to summarize project risks to project teams, maximizing project profitability
· Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal clients and external customers to insure all their business requirements are met or exceeded
· In conjunction with Direct reports, manages Work in Progress, with respect to accurately reporting revenues and cost to complete forecasts
· Works with Direct reports and operations to ensure billings are accurate and timely
· Responsible for working with operations to improve cash cycle times
· Ensures various Balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a month basis
· Participates in the monthly close
· Monitors and reports on cashflows
· Partners with accounts payable to assist with managing Days Payable Outstanding metric.
· Works with team to complete various Percent Complete analysis
· Works with team to prepare and discuss Job Budget vs, Actual Reporting
· Drives improvement in Net over/under billings
· Manages Average Days Sales Outstanding metric
· Ensures consistency in:
o Job reconciliation formats
o Substantiation process and formats
o Project billing turnovers
· Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings to company standards using customer service surveys
· Maintains high employee engagement scores as measured by employee engagement survey
1. 5 or more years successful experience in project accounting roles, with several of those years leading/managing project accountants.
2. Experience with and superior skills in job costing.
3. Previous success at selecting, developing, counseling, mentoring, evaluating and developing professional accounting staff.
4. Demonstrated excellence at employee management, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and empower a team in a collaborative, action-oriented culture where innovation is at a premium.
5. Experience in process standardization and the ability to simplify, standardize, modernize and generally implement efficiencies by utilizing technological innovation.
6. A BA/BS in accounting or other relevant discipline