Assistant Costume Shop Manager - Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies, School of Arts and Sciences - (19001389)
This position will start in mid-August 2019. This is a benefits-eligible part-time position working 25 hours per week. This position will be working 30 weeks per year.
The Department of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies offers undergraduate courses, as well as an undergraduate major and minor in Theater. It has an active production program, with 3 faculty directed shows, 4 fully produced student directed shows and many other student shows each year. Please see the following link for more information: https://dramadance.tufts.edu/
The Assistant Costume Shop Manager reports to the Costume Shop Manager to assist in the realization of Tufts University Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies productions.
The Assistant Costume Shop Manager:
* Assists with student safety training in the Costume Shop
* Oversees student workers as needed
* Theatrical and dance costume construction
* Assists with fittings
* Assists with alterations
* Schedules and coordinates costume load-in for each production with the Costume Shop Manager
* Attends production meetings as needed
* Sources and acquires costume purchases for each show as needed.
* Launders/tracks dry cleaning of rentals/reciprocal for timely return.
* Makes purchases/returns as needed.
* Potential design opportunities for Theatre, Dance, and Film
Superior organizational skills.
Proficiency in costume construction.
Desire to work in educational theatre with an undergrad focus.
Knowledge of theatrical costume practices.
Valid Driver's License.
Industrial sewing machine knowledge.
Theatrical craft work.
Special Work Schedule Requirements: Part-time at 25 hours per week, working 30 weeks per year.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Theatre, Dance & Performance
Employee Status: Regular Schedule: Part-time
Job Posting: May 13, 2019, 5:42:55 PM
Internal Number: 19001389
About Tufts University
Tufts is a leader in American higher education, distinctive for its success as a moderately sized university that excels at research and providing students with a personal experience. Our unique combination of research and liberal arts attracts students, faculty and staff who thrive in our environment of curiosity, creativity and engagement.