Maintenance Manager-1901774 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Maintenance Manager (1901774) - Chattanooga, TN
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide professional maintenance engineering and maintenance management support for the Chattanooga Site latex operations, primarily in the areas of site maintenance, equipment reliability, predictive and preventive maintenance, capital projects, contracts for engineering and construction services, plant energy and efficiency improvements, and maintenance management of safe operations. You will also be responsible for the integration of site procedures and Technical Standards with BASF Corporate requirements.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Using your extensive and detailed knowledge and use of multiple SAP tasks and reporting, you will improve plant equipment reliability and performance through the analysis of maintenance SAP data and make recommendations for improvement.
* Your robust analytical skills will serve you well as you collect and analyze maintenance and stores KPI's.
* Leveraging your bachelor's degree and industrial experience in engineering (preferably mechanical), you will lead the Site Maintenance Reliability Team to continuously improve plant reliability and availability.
* Your sound knowledge of pertinent local, state, and federal codes and regulations will be essential as you develop plant standards, procedures, and preventive/predictive maintenance plans for equipment inspection and repair in compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements.
* As a self-starter with a commitment to compliance, you will ensure compliance with BASF Technical Standards.
* Demonstrating your strong interpersonal communication skills in a team-based environment, you will facilitate communications between Production, Maintenance, and the Engineering Department.
* Working as a competent and responsive professional with good judgment and broad knowledge of many disciplines, you will manage construction activities and groups for the site.
* Your knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance techniques is vital as you support and continually apply Quality Improvement policies and procedures.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.