CSO has a position for an Architect who enjoys the technical side of the profession. We are looking for a Specification Writer with a minimum of 3 years of architecture and construction related experience with specification writing responsibilities.
• Technical Degree with 3 years of office and field experience involving the utilization of architectural specifications.
• Architectural specification writing experience in a variety of building types with the ability to meet Project delivery schedules. • Detailed knowledge of the practice of architecture, building codes and industry standards, including the latest developments on news building materials, finishes, and construction techniques.
• Understanding of project delivery methods, including experience assembling Division 01 Procurement and Contract Requirements and Division 01 Relationships.
• Experience writing Division 02 through 14 Sections from master reference materials, including the incorporation of specialized requirements.
• Creation and updating of Company master specifications.
• Ability to work with Project Managers regarding specific project requirements.
• Understanding of bid packages related to different project delivery methods.
• Ability to evaluate construction documents and identify missing information.
• Experience issuing Addenda.
• Meeting with manufacturer and supplier representatives.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Good management and inter-personal skills.
• Working knowledge of CSI MasterFormat 2004, SectionFormat and PageFormat.
• Working knowledge of Deltek/Arcom MasterSpec.
• Certified Construction Specifier (CCS) preferred.
• Current knowledge of Green materials and LEED. LEED accreditation is a plus.
About CSO ARCHITECTS INC
CSO Architects offers a diverse range of programming, planning, architectural and interior design services. A value-based company focused on providing service with integrity and honesty, CSO Architects has grown to become one of Indiana's largest and most reputable design firms for civic, corporate, educational, hotel and hospitality and health and research facilities.