Responsible for performing efficient, courteous, and reliable dispatching service. Performing operation of the power system by receiving and dispatching trouble calls and service calls and assisting and directing line personnel. Coordinating service restoration in accordance with switching and tagging procedures and safe work practices.
To administer, enforce and implement established policies and procedures of GEC and to recommend modifications to insure that all responsibilities related to the following are accurately and safely carried out:
1. Monitor weather in service areas and proactively react to predictions by acquiring additional field resources.
2. Receive and organize outage reports from customers to anticipate the device that is out and send the appropriate manpower to resolve the problem. Ability to use IVR and outage management system. Notify appropriate management as necessary.
3. Minimize outage duration through timely dispatching of restoration crews.
4. Responsible for the administration of the call-out rotation list in calling out restoration crews for after hour needs.
5. Responsible for the entering of outage information in database for outage reports.
6. Responsible for writing, checking, issuing and recording switching orders and switching procedures.
7. Professionally communicate via telephone or radio with field personnel.
8. Responsible for updating of communications log.
9. Responsible for the accuracy of pertinent information on outage report forms.
10. Demonstrate professionalism with customers and coordinate after hour reconnects.
11. Responsible for the starting and stopping of customer based generation as directed by Seminole Electric Cooperative.
12. Ability to monitor and operate SCADA systems, and appropriately react to alarms in a timely manner.
13. Maintain system configuration and equipment status changes by updating computer maps and programs.
14. Enter data and create spreadsheets for various reports.
15. Maintain accurate updates of departmental records.
16. Performs other duties as required or directed by department manager.
17. Monitor security equipment and take appropriate action as needed.
18. Successfully complete any required GEC training. Including NERC and SERC certifications.
19. Demonstrate expertise in daily shift duties including troubleshooting, switching operations and general operating procedures.
20. Coordinate with IOU’s in matters pertaining to GEC transmission or distribution.
21. All other duties as assigned.
By virtue of education, experience, knowledge, ability, skill or personal attributes, applicants for this position should meet the following specifications:
Associates Degree plus 4yrs experience in overhead or underground distribution, substation or transmission line construction and maintenance or related duties specifically in a utility environment.
Additional related education in a technical or electrical degree program may substitute for the required experience/education on a year for year basis. Additional related job experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
Flexible working hours.
Clear and concise voice.
C. Abilities and Skills: Should be skilled in dealing with customers. Have a valid Florida driver’s license, and be certified or be able to become certified in First Aid and C.P.R. as directed by the cooperative.
D. Attitude: Must represent the company in a positive professional manner. Be a positive productive team member and have a positive impact on the morale of others.
E. Must have a satisfactory performance record with GEC or in the case of newly hired employees, with their previous employer.
F. Must be able to assign, direct and work with employees and management and be able to constantly exercise independent judgment and discretion in their area of responsibility.