1) Reporting to the Deputy Dean for MBA Programs, the Associate Dean of Student Recruitment and Admissions is primarily responsible for recruiting quality applicants to Chicago Boothâ™s Evening, Full-Time and Weekend MBA programs and is a key ambassador for Chicago Boothâ™s MBA Programs with multiple constituencies.
2) This position supervises the key functions of Evaluation, Operations, Global Outreach, Class Selection, and Financial Aid and ensures that recruiting strategies are in line with overall institutional goals and are effectively communicated and executed by Chicago Boothâ™s Admissions professionals.
3) The position also ensures collaboration with peer student facing Associate Deans as well as Chief Officers and Executive Directors of student-facing Centers and other core departments.
4) The Associate Dean is responsible for organizing and managing a staff of 27-32 individuals across Harper and Gleacher in the most effective manner to ensure that Chicago Booth remains the MBA program of choice for prospective students and recruiters.
5) Serves as a core member of the Senior Staff of the Full-Time and the Evening & Weekend Programs.
6) Effectively engage the students, faculty, staff, and alumni in the overall student recruitment and yield strategy and approach, which requires cultivating and welcoming constructive input from outside of Admissions. This requires understanding and embracing the âœflowâ or âœcycleâ of individuals as they move from prospective student to an admitted student.
7) Integrate the marketing message of Chicago Booth throughout the above groups and the employer community in such a way that it is clearly understood and people are reacting to it.
8) Maintain a strong and open working relationship with the Deans and the other members of the senior management team to ensure the development of and adherence to a cohesive Chicago Booth strategy.
9) Build and maintain a strong, cohesive internal team that is knowledgeable and interactive with other parts of the Chicago Booth organization.
10) Responsible for collaborating with the Chicago Booth Marketing team in order to develop a comprehensive marketing plan to attract top students to both apply and enroll in Chicago Boothâ™s MBA programs that results in achieving enrollment goals.
11) Work directly with the Chicago Booth Marketing team to develop and implement marketing and communication plans that are in line with the overall Chicago Booth brand.
12) Develop and execute strategy for optimal utilization of scholarships.
13) Oversee Chicago Boothâ™s online presence for Admissions Evening, Full-time, and Weekend MBA formats, including website and social media platforms, leveraging appropriate communication vehicles to reach various target audiences.
14) Oversee on-campus visit programs, including existing Full-time MBA Booth Lives and First Day programming, and the exploration of similar events for Evening and Weekend candidates. Ensure the purpose and messaging is consistent with overall marketing plan.
15) Engage corporate partners that sponsor MBA students to ensure their support for student development.
16) Develop and maintain data to ensure timely reporting of admission statistics to track trend analysis and make recommendations towards strategic goals.
17) Serve as the Chicago Booth representative for peer school groups and at GMAC.
18) Participate as a member of the Booth Management Group.
1) Demonstrated ability to foster an inclusive, innovative culture.
2) Outstanding analytic skill set, with preference toward candidates who have applied that skill set to the recruitment of talent.
3) Ability to work effectively in an unpredictable environment where there are often multiple, sometimes-conflicting, priorities.
4) Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), database management, CRM required, SLATE experience.
5) Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills.
6) Ability to work independently with little supervision; possess a self-motivated disposition; ability to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes.
7) Excellent strategic planning, critical thinking, analytical, and persuasion skills.
8) Ability to work long hours and concentrate in order to handle multiple detailed tasks/projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines with frequent interruptions.
9) Demonstrated ability to work effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts in a multitude of communication methods i.e., in person, email, phone.
10) Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach.
11) Ability to work extended hours and attend student events, occasionally on weekends and in the evenings is. Willingness and ability to travel including global travel.
1) Masterâ™s degree in Business or Higher Education.
1) A minimum ten years of experience working in a university admissions environment, within higher education.
2) A minimum ten years of management experience with the ability to lead a team and to work effectively as a member of a team.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05916
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.