Athletic Communications Assistant No Benefits (10- month internship)
Full Time/Part Time
The Colgate University Department of Athletics is currently accepting applications for a 10-month internship working with athletic communications. This position reports to the Director of Athletic Communications and assists with coverage of Colgate's 25-sport Division I Athletics program.
â¢ The Athletic Communications Assistant will be the primary contact for several of Colgate's 25 Division I athletic teams including, but not limited to, the nationally-ranked women's ice hockey team. â¢ Serve as StatCrew software operator for selected sports and primary contact for game day press box and press conference operations. â¢ Develop online materials to promote Colgate Athletics and selected teams â¢ Interview coaches and student-athletes for online, written and social media content. â¢ Coordinate with television, newspaper and other media outlets to promote student-athletes and coaches. â¢ Collaborate with the multimedia and marketing departments to create best possible coverage of events. â¢ Ensure effective updating and usage of social media and other related platforms for assigned sports. â¢ Perform other related duties as assigned.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
• Experience using Microsoft Office products and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) • Highly motivated, goal- and team-orientated individual who is passionate about athletics. • Ability to manage various projects and meet hard deadlines. • Comfortable following directions and translating constructive feedback in their work. • Ability to lead, train, and supervise game-day student staff. • Can problem-solve and work independently. • Preferred experience with StatCrew systems. • Preferred previous experience within a collegiate Athletics Communications office.
• The job requires frequent work during evenings and weekends throughout the year. • Work conditions may include extreme weather (rain, snow, etc.).
• Anticipated start date is August 1, 2019, with position running no later than through May 31, 2020.
Posting Detail Information
• The job requires frequent work during evenings and weekends throughout the year.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
• Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, writing samples and the names of three current references.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUSCRIMEREPORTINGANDSTATISTICS The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Are you currently a Colgate employee?
* Have you ever been a Colgate employee?
* Are you at least 18 years of age?
* Please let us know how you heard about this position.
Albany Times Union
Binghamton Press & Sun
Chronicle of Higher Education
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Diverse Issues of Higher Education
HERC (Upstate New York HERC)
Norwich Evening Sun
Oneida Daily Dispatch
Syracuse Post Standard
Utica Observer Dispatch
If you selected 'Colgate Employee' or 'Other' for how you heard about this position, please provide the employee's name or where you heard about/saw the position.