The Director of Facilities reports to the Regional Director of Facilities, with dotted line support to the hospital President and Vice President of Operations. Provides strategic direction and leadership for the Facilities, Grounds Maintenance, Safety and other similar facility operations of the region assigned.
This position is based primarily out of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center at College Station, with oversight of our hospital in Brenham and the clinics of the region.
- Develops, facilitates and manages Budgets with direct reports, Regional Director of Facilities and the hospital President regularly.
- Formulates reports for information, analyzes data, evaluates financial reports, analyzes productivity as required
- Establishes standards, implements and oversees the maintenance policies/procedures that guides compliant preventive and corrective maintenance programs
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management system. Regularly reviewing PM & Corrective data for quality and productivity improvements.
- Leads and directs departmental functions including staffing, contract, purchasing, payroll and inventory.
- Oversees and maintains a positive work environment by ensuring staff engagement through training, provision of proper tools and equipment, a safe work environment, balanced workloads, and appropriate rewards & recognition initiatives.
- Manages or delegates, as appropriate, responsibility & authority related to operational functions such as contracts, purchasing, inventory, staffing & training.
- Monitors subordinate activities and formulate reports concerning operational functions as outlined above.
- Works with outside vendors to ensure that contracts and Service Level Agreements are appropriate, financially approved, and in place prior to implementation.
- Monitors contracts & the quality of service provided to ensure the desired outcome.
- Ensures that all contract personnel are oriented to Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) protocols.
- May serve as chair for the hospitalsï¿½ Region, Safety & Environmental of Care Committee(s).
- Assess compliance with accreditation standards & regulations which comply with state, federal, CMS, and The Joint Commission. Develops strategies to enhance compliance.
- Establishes, implements, & oversees the Life Safety & Utility Plans to ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, CMS, and other regulatory agency such as The Joint Commission.
- Ensures that all assigned staff receives orientation & on-going training concerning regulations, equipment, tools, & other knowledge necessary to guarantee their ability to maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors, & BSWH staff.
- Develops strategies for internal and external customer satisfaction
- Interacts effectively, builds relationships & demonstrates a high level of customer service.
- Maintain strong interdepartmental communication that results in engaged staff.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the philosophy and values of Baylor Scott & White Health.
- Cooperates & collaborates with BSWH leadership to champion & meet the strategic goals of the BSWH system.
- Serves on BSWH committees &/or departmental focus groups as requested.
- Interact & communicate with all customers & team members in a positive & professional manner. - Comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and other forms of verbal & written communication - Analyze & create reports of data pertinent to the facilities department. - Give clear, concise & complete directions - Effectively present information in one-on-one & group situations - Deal with difficult situations & resolve customer service concerns. - Work & accomplish tasks in a stressful, fast-paced environment. - Organize work & design
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
-Bachelor Degree Required or equivalent combination of education and experience; 2yrs experience may substitute for 1yr of degree -Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) strongly preferred, with the expectation to be working towards certification. Would also consider CHC, CPE, CPMM, or similar certifications -Experience in healthcare facilities management and/or similar facility management roles -Knowledge and expertise in one or more Maintenance Management software systems -Previous financial, contractual, and budgetary accountability & responsibility -Working knowledge of Fire Safety, Life Safety, Construction Codes & permits & all Environment of Care Standards
-Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience -7+ years of experience -Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) strongly preferred, with the expectation to be working towards certification. Would also consider CHC, CPE, CPMM, or similar certifications
Internal Number: 19009417
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!